Factory reset....again...

usmc0621

Reaction score
I just had to do once again another reset on this phone...I think that's my fourth time. The reason for this reset was at first my weather wasn't working so then I just download a new widget that worked alright, but then a couple hours later, I would click on the "phone button" to call someone and nothing would happen except the word "phone" appear. I'm so annoyed at this phone....I wish I got the iPhone...yep I said it. My dad got it the same time I got this phone and has never had a problem.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I've never had a problem with my Droid Incredible 2 that I myself did not cause.

OP
U

usmc0621

Reaction score
You are lucky haha. I went to the verizon store today and they are giving me a replacement. Hopefully this one will be better

sjpritch25

Reaction score
Bummer, I hope you have better luck with the new one. Do you remember what version of android it was? I've had my phone since sept and its working great. However, i have S-OFF. Its not for everyone though.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to factory reset mine twice before rooting. I am not sure what the actual cause was but the ota updates, third party skins and third party apps were suspect. Mine was fine for about 3 weeks after the second factory reset before root.

Sent from my Inc2

Reaction score
I've had to do that with mine twice also because it drops my Google link for some reason. I can add my Gmail account but the Google account disappears and doesn't come back for some reason.

Sent to today from yesterday using tomorrow's technology.

OP
U

usmc0621

Reaction score
Im not rooted so its just android version 2.3.4

Reaction score
I am rooted with 2.3.3 so I don't think so.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why it is doing that with the Google account. You could try clearing data in the market in manage apps and then re-add your Google account through the market. Not sure if that will work though.

Sent from my Inc2

drew

Reaction score
I had to factory reset my wife's phone two weeks ago. She won't let me root it. I think an app update (Skype) blew the phone up. Can't prove it of course, but the only thing affected was the dialer (and manage applications was squirrely). I would love to be able to prove it is an app that I can't uninstall (without rooting) causing the problem.

ki3t1995

Reaction score
I've had to do a ton of factory resets on my Incredible 2. I have no idea if it is my fault or not for me having to do these, but applications keep disappearing on my phone. Yesterday, the messages app disappeared. It "wasn't installed on my phone". Any ideas?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not totally sure what is going on but. If you guys have certain apps moved to sdcard instead of storing them on internal memory it will cause problems. Also it is good to factory reset after a major update. Third party skins and non market apps can sometimes cause errors too. The manage apps going squirley is a known issues, just hit back then go select app again. Clearing cache in manage apps can sometimes fix app troubles too.

Reaction score
I am not sure why it is doing that with the Google account. You could try clearing data in the market in manage apps and then re-add your Google account through the market. Not sure if that will work though.

Sent from my Inc2

When my phone drops the Google acct I can't even open market. It's strange. See my post below this for more details.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
When my phone drops the Google acct I can't even open market. It's strange. See my post below this for more details.

You said you were rooted right? You could try using Rom manager to fix permissions. Or you could try installing the new market from Droid life they posted recently. Not sure if this will force the account or market back.

Sent from my Inc2

OP
U

usmc0621

Reaction score
Well today I received my replacement phone......and it does not recognize the sd card. I tried my old sd card and the same message comes up. I called verizon and they said that I will have to get another replacement......greattttttt a replacement phone for my replacement haha I lost all my faith in this stupid phone.