Missing apps

kevin_

Reaction score
Hey guys,
This has already happened to me a couple times but my settings app is 'no longer linked to my phone'. And its gone basically. Is the only solution to factory reset?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
If I understand correctly when you hit menu then settings nothing happens? If so have you tried using the drop down notification bar and using the second tab to try to get to settings. If so, then a data reset is in order. You will need to get into the bootloader to do it because that option is in settings. Let me know if you need help with that. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
kevin_

kevin_

Reaction score
Yea I'm going to have to reset the phone. So how do you do the bootloader reset?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S8
Power off the phone. Press down on the volume button and hold it while pressing the power button. This will put you into the bootloader. Use the volume button to navigate to the factory reset. Once its highlighted press the power button to select. It will run through the process then come back to the bootloader. Select reboot and you should be back up and running. Let me know if you need anything else. Good luck!

OP
kevin_

kevin_

Reaction score
Hey thanks a lot. I think I might go to Verizon to get a new phone maybe that will help.

OP
kevin_

kevin_

Reaction score
Hey do you know if this problem is in the phone hardware and would be fixed by a replacement?

OP
kevin_

kevin_

Reaction score
Oh well I went to Verizon and got a replacement coming.

OP
kevin_

kevin_

Reaction score
One more question? Will HTC be fixing this soon?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S8
The best answer for that would be to call HTC directly. When it was first released the Dinc2 had an issue with the compass being reversed (north vs South). I called and they said they would forward the complaint to engineering and that they were already are of the issue. It got fixed when the update to 2.3.3 came out. The disappearing system apps came about with 2.3.4 and the only fix so far is the FDR.