factory charger vs. aftermarket?? Battery issue?

jbone522

Reaction score
I've been having several issues with my D2 Global lately.

It is very sluggish. The battery gets very hot while using and charging. The battery lasts for maybe 30 minutes. & it takes all day on the wall charger to charge to 100%.

Today I went to a Verizon store to see if they had any thoughts. They said that if I used an aftermarket charger that I voided the warranty and that it could cause the screen to go bad.

Is this bull or legit?

Also, any other thoughts on how to fix it without sending it back in? I leave for a 2 week work trip on Sunday so I don't really have time to be waiting for a new phone. I was hoping that I just need a new battery.

Thanks

OP
J

jbone522

Reaction score
After reading some other threads, it appears it's not the battery that's getting hot. It must be the processor in the upper portion of the phone.

Any thoughts on why it would be getting hot and how to stop it?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
They're feeding you bull, just like Monster and their headphones. Aftermarket charges won't affect anything unless it's much higher output than the stock charger (which might fry the battery). The stock charger should always be used (months ago, I found out it could charge an iPhone :laugh: ). Are you multitasking tons? Try using the built in task manager to kill unneeded tasks, then end unnecessary running services in settings. Stock blur should be able to at least get you a day with light use. If it still doesn't work, try rooting and freezing some of that bloat. Bloatware has a bad habit of draining power sometimes.

gthotie5

Reaction score
It could be a bad app.
Go into battery manager and see what using up your battery.
I've had this problem before.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
J

jbone522

Reaction score
I tried removing most of the apps that I've downloaded, especially ones that I downloaded recently. That didn't seem to help much. I'll see what the battery manager says - but are you referring to an app for the battery manager or a stock battery manager? All I see is the where you pick min or max battery life and not details are showing as to what is using the battery. I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Tap the giant battery icon you see in battery manager for battery usage.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

biknut1

Reaction score
Today I went to a Verizon store to see if they had any thoughts. They said that if I used an aftermarket charger that I voided the warranty and that it could cause the screen to go bad.

Is this bull or legit?
Thanks

One thing I know for sure- most aftermarket chargers don't put out enough juice. For instance, if you try to run GPS and navigation on an aftermarket car charger, sometimes the phone will die because the charger can't put enough juice in there to keep all of that running. I would assume the same is true for wall chargers as well.

Go on Amazon, order yourself 3 of each Motorola chargers and your problems will be over.