Facebook Issue- News feed oversized using Facebook app

darklyng

Reaction score
I have the original Motorola Droid. About a week ago, a display problem began using the Facebook app. On Newsfeed, when scrolling vertically, after clicking on any post and returning to the newsfeed, the display is suddenly slightly larger than the Droid display area. I can move it left or right, allowing me to either read the post or see who it came from, but not both. This is happening consistently. It also seems to be scrolling less responsively when this happens and appears to be continuously trying to load new info. Does anyone have any ideas to correct this? Help is much appreciated.

OP
D

darklyng

Reaction score
Giving Up, Suppose I'll Get An iPhone 4S

I have the original Motorola Droid. About a week ago, a display problem began using the Facebook app. On Newsfeed, when scrolling vertically, after clicking on any post and returning to the newsfeed, the display is suddenly slightly larger than the Droid display area. I can move it left or right, allowing me to either read the post or see who it came from, but not both. This is happening consistently. It also seems to be scrolling less responsively when this happens and appears to be continuously trying to load new info. Does anyone have any ideas to correct this? Help is much appreciated.

I've gotten no answers here and found none elsewhere. I've read some bad reviews about the upcoming Droid Razor, so it's looking likely that I'll give in to the good feedback from co-workers and get an iPhone 4S. Hate to defect, but.... don't see another choice.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry but this area does not get much traffic from users. Is it with the newest version of facebook?

OP
D

darklyng

Reaction score
It's version 1.7.2. A couple of days ago, I tried downloading Facebook's new Messenger App for Droid, but it had no effect on the problem I'm having. Thanks for responding.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I just headed out for work. When I get home I will mess with it on my d1 and see what happens. Sorry it will be late this evening unfortunately.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

OP
D

darklyng

Reaction score
Guess I'll Get An iPhone

Still no real response to thread below. I guess I'll go with the iPhone 4S.