Facebook for Droid

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by xfile102, May 20, 2010.

1. xfile102

xfile102 New Member

Why does FB for droid suck so bad? You cannot compose messages, it does not send notifications of messages received or status updates, what is up with that? I highly prefer my Droid over iPhone, but the iPhone app for Facebook is sooo much better. Does anyone know of a fix for this? any alternatives?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. Taegost

Taegost New Member

I am able to compose messages with the stock Facebook app, I just tested it to make sure. I also receive notifications. You may need to un-install and then re-install it!
    You can also check out Bloo, it hasn't been updated in a little while, but it's pretty nice. I actually use both apps.
    I use the stock Facebook app if I'm just browsing through the current feed, but I use Bloo to alert me to notifications as I like the notifications interface with Bloo a *LOT* better.
  3. jefbystereo

jefbystereo New Member

It does weird things with notifications for me too. I only get them when the phone first turns one, so Ill have none for weeks, then if I power cycle, I have a ton in my inbox. Could be a setting, I haven't really checked cause I rarely use FB.
  4. Taegost

Taegost New Member

Yeah, the notifications in Bloo are a lot better, and don't take you to a link to the mobile web site, it's actually handled in-application. It will also let you view the links in a post, which I can't get the stock app to do, I just end up cycling between the individual post and the persons wall :)
  5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Funny, I use my FB app daily, but I never get, or want, notifications from it. I also have not set up a mobile device on my account.

Guess I'm just not that addicted.
Search tags for this page
droid razr m stock apps facebook status

facebookfordroid