FB notification issues w/Droid Pro. HELP!

drliu2010

Reaction score
I am a new droid owner and just got the Droid Pro. I installed the facebook app and I am only receiving FB notifications for friend requests and messages. When someone writes on my wall or comments on my status, it does not show up on my notification bar and it is only when I proactively check my FB (which is not very often!) or my email that I get the notification.

How do I get comments to my wall or statuses to show up on my notification bar?

I've contacted VZ, looked at my desktop settings and had no success. Only seen the option of getting a text as a notification which I do not want.

Thanks in advance!!

potownrob

Reaction score
open your facebook app and click on the menu button (not home, back or search) then click settings. if it's anything like the droid x setup, the notification settings should be right there. let us know if that works.

OP
D

drliu2010

Reaction score
Thanks. I've tried that. The only notifications are friend requests, messages and events. I talked to two vz people one confirmed this but basically said talk to fb. The other checked his wife and said there was a way from my fb on my desktop but I could not find it. Any other suggestions? Pls help!

hoppermi

Reaction score
From your desktop you can set up email alerts for the things you want. The app won't do this.

OP
D

drliu2010

Reaction score
I already receive the email notifications. I'm looking for FB notifications on wall comments/posts on my Droid Pro status bar. Do you know how to set this up?

hoppermi

Reaction score
Sorry, try the market, maybe someone has an app that will assist you.

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
I already receive the email notifications. I'm looking for FB notifications on wall comments/posts on my Droid Pro status bar. Do you know how to set this up?

What you want are PUSH notifications. Sorry, but the FB APP does not currently support PUSH for anything other than Friend requests, Events, messages, (and kinda-sorta chat). FB has been Slooooooow to develop and improve the android version of their app.

Jordan8

Reaction score
I use a app called f-plus with there gmail setup thing. It basically intercepts a email from fb & then tells you what's going on. Its kinda like push, since the gmail app uses push notifications n all.

Kinda sad it has to be done thru a totally different app like this, but :/

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hoppermi

Reaction score
F-plus Facebook tool says it has Gmail push notifications. Free in market

Edit: Damn, beat me to it.

OP
D

drliu2010

Reaction score
it works!! Thanks everyone! Now if I can just fix the email sync issue. Sometimes I get emails, sometimes it gives me the red circle for several hours and even a battery pull/hard reset doesn't fix it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Jordan8

Reaction score
it works!! Thanks everyone! Now if I can just fix the email sync issue. Sometimes I get emails, sometimes it gives me the red circle for several hours and even a battery pull/hard reset doesn't fix it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Gmails always been really good about syncing for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hoppermi

Reaction score

Next time it happens go into accounts and sync and go through your accounts and see where it is stuck. Happened to me once and I found that my google account was trying to sync music (WTF?). I unselected it and the problem went away.