Facebook contacts please how do i delete them

mslinda70

Reaction score
Please give me instructions on how to get rid of them, way to many and i dont want them in my phone only want the numbers that i put in

aDroidman

Reaction score
you can go through and delete them one by one. You could just change the layer in which you view your contacts, you can change it so that you only see the ones that have numbers. Are you wanting to delete them or just make it so you cant see them?

OP
M

mslinda70

Reaction score
yes i want to delete all of them, its about 400 of them, deleting one by one, omg will take forever

aDroidman

Reaction score
Ok because they are attached to your Gmail account you can delete them from there. You still have to go through and select them. To do this log in to your Gmail account on the Computer. On the right side look for contacts then find the sub menu called System Group you can select them from there and delete them. That should have you taken care of. If not then ill have to do some research.

2guys1droid

Reaction score
there is an easier way than having to go through each one and deleting... to do this you just need to go to contacts and hit settings and then "display" and go to the email address you use for facebook and uncheck where it says "all contacts" for a tutorial similar to this check out my blog..the tutorial shows you how to add contacts, but just do the opposite:biggrin:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
there is an easier way than having to go through each one and deleting... to do this you just need to go to contacts and hit settings and then "display" and go to the email address you use for facebook and uncheck where it says "all contacts" for a tutorial similar to this check out my blog..the tutorial shows you how to add contacts, but just do the opposite:biggrin:

Even easier....http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s-please-how-do-i-delete-them.html#post680434

Watsona

Reaction score
yes i want to delete all of them, its about 400 of them, deleting one by one, omg will take forever

I found this in another thread, "Delete all Contacts on Droid":

Just go to Applications / Manage Applications, make sure via Settings / Filters that you're showing all the sys apps too.
Then edit settings for the 'Contact Storage' app and 'Clear Data'.
That will clear all the contacts on your droid.
You may want to turn off sync beforehand

travelerlkp

Reaction score
I am just lost lost lost! I deleted a ton of people off my facebook. Their name is still showing up in my contacts. I clicked on one and hit the delete button. I get the following message: To remove this contact from your phone, remove this person from you friend lists on the following providers. facebook
DUH.. I just did! I deleted facebook for droid off the phone and reinstalled it hoping that it would get rid of them.. nope.
I tried Ok because they are attached to your Gmail account you can delete them from there. You still have to go through and select them. To do this log in to your Gmail account on the Computer. On the right side look for contacts then find the sub menu called System Group you can select them from there and delete them. That should have you taken care of. If not then ill have to do some research..
I looked and looked---no system group
I swear I do not have all of this:Just go to Applications / Manage Applications, make sure via Settings / Filters that you're showing all the sys apps too.
Then edit settings for the 'Contact Storage' app and 'Clear Data'.
That will clear all the contacts on your droid.
maybe I need droid for over 50's course! (only my 19 year son also tried all the above also) what am I missing?

zwade01

Reaction score
Just open your contacts and go menu-display options-facebook-and uncheck the box.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Turbod

Reaction score
Just open your contacts and go menu-display options-facebook-and uncheck the box.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I think that option is not available until Gingerbread. That is probably the feature I am most happy with on the new Blur, not having all those dang FB people on my contact list by default.

travelerlkp

Reaction score
Thank you. What I did is delete my facebook account and reinstalled it.. it worked..
I do love my phone. :)

kapeman

Reaction score

I have done this and it keeps reverting to All Contacts.

Is there a way to force it to default to Phone Contacts without deleting the Facebook account?

Thanks!

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
....just simply go into Settings>My Account>and log out your Facebook account

so the next time you log into Facebook it well get you to a Facebook prompt askin you if you would like to "Sync Facebook with your contacts" uncheck that and check
"don't sync"...

try that..