Facebook Contact Lust

lesr

Reaction score
I do not want my facebook contacts in my phone much less on the front screen. I don't want to delete Facebook as I like to access it but don't want all those names and numbers in my phone. How can I get rid of this? I don't call these people and sometimes they get accidentally dialed!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
L

lesr

Reaction score
Obviously should be list, not lust! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
open the facebook app.

from home screen hit menue button>settings>sync contacts.. remove fb data from contacts

Reaction score
I don't have a "Sync contacts" option in the FB app.

I happened to have all my "phone" contacts backed up with VZ's backup assistant from when I transferred to my DX. So I deleted all my contacts on my phone and deleted FB from the phone. I then synched my contacts with Backup Assistant and made a group for just those contacts. I then re-added my FB account and it put all those contacts on the phone like it does, but I still have a group in my phonebook for JUST phone contacts so I don't have to sort through everything when I want to find a phone number.

OP
L

lesr

Reaction score
I don't have anything that shows how to sync. It doesn't say sync anywhere. I opened applications. I opened settings...where exactly is the sync command. I cannot get my FB contacts off this phone list. Help!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Janet1025

Reaction score
Go to MY ACCOUNTS - Press Facebook - Press Remove Account..

Go the Market- Download Facebook For Android-- this app does not combine them.

If after removing the Facebook account you still see the contacts, power the phone off then on, and they should not be there.

This was my only solution, since I could never find that SYNC or not SYNC with Facebook option...

OP
L

lesr

Reaction score
FB Contacts

I just tried what you said but it didn't do anything. I cannot get these contacts off my DROID. I am going to have to delete FB permanently. Am not happy about that. Anyone have any other solutions? There is no place that allows you to SYNC or UNSYNC. So frustrated???

OP
L

lesr

Reaction score
FB

Just tried it again and now it won't let me delete the account! It keeps saying there is an error when I press delete account. Can't get rid of it...think I will have to make an appointment at the Verizon store and take the phone there and see if they will know what to do with this thing...I am not happy.

turdbogls

Reaction score
that was one of the things i hated so much about BLUR, as i am sure this is the reason it syncs all of them. i am now running a blurless rom (GummyJar2.5) and i have only my FC contacts linked that i had in my contacts list...no more, no less.

cboyd51

Reaction score
On mine I went to the contacts list, pressed the menu, and then the "Hide/Show" option and checked "Facebook"

OP
L

lesr

Reaction score
You can't do that on Droid X...oh, I am so frustrated. Now I deleted the FB app, I cannot delete the account (it says Error if I try to delete it) and under contacts, it has the statuses of all my FB friends (only a week old!) Boy, I either got a lemon or this phone is the worst ever