Facebook app is not letting me comment.

meaker

Reaction score
Just notice today that my facebook app is not letting me comment our like a post. Keep getting "cannot post at this time.try later. Feed story publishing disabled for this app." anyone else getting this too? Any idea how to fix? Tried logging out and logging back in already...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try using Bloo (on the market) - I like it a lot better than the stock facebook app

and it seems to have a lot less problems than the stock

Slider46

Reaction score
Just notice today that my facebook app is not letting me comment our like a post. Keep getting "cannot post at this time.try later. Feed story publishing disabled for this app." anyone else getting this too? Any idea how to fix? Tried logging out and logging back in already...

I'm getting the same thing. Probably a problem with Facebook.

Try using Bloo (on the market) - I like it a lot better than the stock facebook app

and it seems to have a lot less problems than the stock in my opinion

Fixed. Also, suggesting another app to use doesn't really answer any question that the OP asked.

*Oh and before anyone decides to jump on the "hate the stock facebook app" bandwagon. The app does just what I need. I can update my status and check on other friend's statuses. I don't need a fancy app that I can upload pictures to or chat on etc.

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok well i cant fix a bug with the application so i tried to help with the overall problem of not posting on facebook - by suggesting another app that a lot of people use over the stock one.

No need to get snippy im just trying to help

toastedoats

Reaction score
*Oh and before anyone decides to jump on the "hate the stock facebook app" bandwagon. The app does just what I need. I can update my status and check on other friend's statuses. I don't need a fancy app that I can upload pictures to or chat on etc.

I just want live feed and notifications that actually work. Not too much to ask for IMO

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

well i guess youre gonna have to deal with the bugs then too

OP
M

meaker

Reaction score
I have bloo also but like the stock one better. And prefer to use it. If anyone know of a fix other then trying another app, please post. Thanks

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem with the stock app, and I use bloo also and it does not display comments anymore. Both the touch and mobile website versions are acting stupid as well. Seems to me FB is just not working correctly.

CharlieJ

Reaction score

There's already another thread open on this topic. It looks like a Facebook issue... NOT the app itself. We'll have to see if FB will offer an update... or how VZW will handle get their native app updated & working correctly. At this point, it's a matter of time...

myDownfall

Reaction score
Facebook must have updated sometime last night. If you post status updates frequently from your FB app, check your profile and you'll notice that any update posted from it is no longer in existence. At least on my end....

joebow666

Reaction score
Mine wont let me comment or post a status. You would think they wold have a number to call someone for tech help.