FRG01 Not letting me sync Facebook contacts

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I just recently upgraded to the FRG01 found here:

Download: New DROID Froyo Build FRG01 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I then noticed that all of my Contact's pictures from Facebook had vanished. Further investigation showed that Facebook had disappeared from my Accounts & sync settings.

I logged out of Facebook and logged back in, the account appears under Manage accounts. I reboot... and it disappears again.

It won't stick. And if it doesn't stick, my contacts have no pictures, and I'm one of those crazy people that LIKES the Facebook contact pictures.

Has anyone else encountered this?

OP
O

ohioDroid

Reaction score
It's the beginning of the week so I'm bumping this up. Has anyone had this issue on FRG01? Did they find a way around it? Or has it been working perfectly fine for you?

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook app. After a reinstall, it will redownload the contact pictures, but as soon as I reboot everything disappears as previously mentioned.

txjag05

Reaction score
Facebook Sync

I was having problems with my MMS (generic network failure, after not downloading the picture message) and tech support recommended I restore my phone. After trying all that my contacts wouldnt sync, and I have tried sevral times to sync facebook but as you mentioned it goes back to ask your FB credentials and will not successfully link your FB account. I have also noticed it wont let me select the normal FB account setup if I have FB with HTC Sense. A little wierd but they recommened I take it to Verizon customer service at one of their stores. Ill keep you updated on this bug!

OP
O

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I think my issue is software. I've been trying different roms and I've been using the 'stock' rooted FRG01. All previous leaked roms I've tried have worked fine, but this is where my issues are.

I have a nandroid backup, but I'd really like to just get this version working (or upgrade to something better).

OP
O

ohioDroid

Reaction score
OP
O

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I changed my ROM to FRG01B and Facebook is working correctly again, so problem solved.

Taegost

Reaction score

Well, I followed those directions just now, and then rebooted, and again as before, the contact pictures vanish, Facebook disappears from the 'Manage accounts' list and trying to add it again results in no change until I uninstall and reinstall the software.

Maybe I should just try a different rom.

Interesting, your case is the first time I've heard that those steps didn't work.
Well, I'm glad you were able to get it fixed!