External Ad wiped

vatothe0

Reaction score
External SD wiped

This morning my alarm went off as normal but when I tried to snooze it, the alarm would shut off, tried dismissing, still wouldn't turn off. Restarted the phone and the alarm started playing the entire time so I started to pull the battery and it speed as I was removing the back.

This afternoon I found my sd card to be 100% empty. :confused:
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

acejavelin

Reaction score
WTH? It was erased then magically restored?

I bet what happened was somehow the external sd card got unmounted by the O/S, and it appeared to be blank or non-existent, then a reboot or connecting/disconnecting USB remounted the drive? Sound possible?

smokeyrd

Reaction score
I must admit...yesterday i had a slight heart attack because i pulled the sd card to snag some files off another device and plugged back into my phone...after plugging it back in i had a small heart attack because nothing was showing up...then i remounted the sd card and voila, everything was normal (who woulda thunk it?) Long story short...could something such as this have happened to you?

OP
vatothe0

vatothe0

Reaction score
Between it being gone and then back, I didn't reboot or plug into usb. I had accepted my situation. The only sd related thing I did was take a picture. That's when I noticed it was all back.

So odd.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometimes my Incredible does that. It started around the fall of last year and only does it with the gallery. I use Astro to open the folder and they reappear when I check the gallery again. I saw on another forum, it said a corrupted file can cause it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
vatothe0

vatothe0

Reaction score
Maybe you can help me with this one too...

After downloading an album, I move the folder using Astro to the music folder on my sd card. When I then open the music player, it has cached the old location and the new location of the files then shows two copies of every song. One copy can't be played. I like to keep things organized so this bugs me. After a while it usually clears up but I can't figure out how to fix it myself.

Thoughts?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can help me with this one too...

After downloading an album, I move the folder using Astro to the music folder on my sd card. When I then open the music player, it has cached the old location and the new location of the files then shows two copies of every song. One copy can't be played. I like to keep things organized so this bugs me. After a while it usually clears up but I can't figure out how to fix it myself.

Thoughts?

Have you tried clearing the cache in Astro after moving? Open Astro, tap menu, tap clear cache. Maybe clear cache on the music player?
I'm not sure how to choose folders on the stock player, didn't see any way to, but I use Power Amp and choose the folders I want it to pick from. Fwiw, if you prefer stock player for Beats ,PA now supports Beats both corded and Bluetooth

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

OP
vatothe0

vatothe0

Reaction score
I'll try clearing the music player cache today and also check out power amp. I tried it a long time ago and deleted it for some reason.

OP
vatothe0

vatothe0

Reaction score
Looking good so far with power amp.

Mark, do you know how to get it to show up in the lock screen of the ICS Rezound like the stock player?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking good so far with power amp.

Mark, do you know how to get it to show up in the lock screen of the ICS Rezound like the stock player?

I use Widget Locker so my screen looks like the one photo.
The other photo was done by settings, personalize, display, lockscreen shortcuts on the stock lockscreen but I'll check in Power Amp and see if its built in widget can be added somehow and post back.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open Power Amp, tap the phones menu button, more, settings, lockscreen, choose how you want it to look.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Last edited: