Extended vs stock

bsmith0731

Reaction score
For those that have the extended battery. Is there a noticeable difference??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
For those that have the extended battery. Is there a noticeable difference??

It is roughly a 10% bump in size (not in physical size but as in battery capacity). So overall probably not. If you are cutting it close with the stock battery, perhaps the extended will help you squeeze an extra couple hours of moderate usage out of it. It isn't going to give you days of usage like some other extended batteries may. But it also keeps the phone slim, which larger batteries add some heft and girth to the device.

My thought on my purchase was to have a spare battery, so if I am not around a charger and my extended battery gets low, I can swap batteries.

Last edited:

seventwozero

Reaction score
It really isn't that much bigger than stock, both in size and capacity. If I were to do it again I would purchase a second standard battery. My only purpose for a second battery is for use when I can't get to power, like on a long flight.

Flandry

Reaction score
In my opinion, this should have been the battery that shipped with the phone. I think the only reason we got the standard battery was so that Samsung's marketing folks could hype the thinness of the phone. The extended battery does makes the phone thicker. But the difference is so minimal no one who's seen my phone can tell I have one. Even three sales reps who sell the phone missed it. I find the extra thickness (just slightly thicker than a RAZR Maxx) actually makes the phone more comfortable to hold.

Capacity is likewise a minimal increase. But it's one that's worthwhile to me as it adds just enough extra juice to get me completely through the day with my normal usage habits. If you can almost get through a typical day with the regular battery, the extended battery is probably a good buy at $25. If not, look to different solution, like the two standard battery route mentioned above.

swagmonster

Reaction score
I bought a portable charger 5000 mah 25 bucks was with it. Its small enough to fit in my pocket which is awesome if ur interested I'll post a link

abadbronc

Reaction score
I bought a portable charger 5000 mah 25 bucks was with it. Its small enough to fit in my pocket which is awesome if ur interested I'll post a link

Please do. I've been looking for one of these. The only ones I've found come with two extra batteries and having four batteries is far too much responsibility for me.

ryguy5254

Reaction score
With an extended battery and 4.0.4, I managed to get 33 hours yesterday with minimal use. The best part, it was still at 41%.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
If I don't turn on the screen on my phone it lasts me two days. But what is the point of having smartphone if you just let it sit idle. This is where razr maxx got it right. My wife can spend 12 hours playing on her phone, where my nexus and extended battery hardly lasts 5 hours of screen time.

callawassi

Reaction score
Battery Charger

Please supply the link for the battery charger you mentioned. I have been looking for one.

coheirnt

Reaction score
I get longer life out of the extended battery. But I hate the size of it after I put the silicone case on it. As opposed to the standard battery with the reearth ringke slim case. I personally just find it easier to use one handed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Last edited:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it's well worth it. I get an extra 2-4 hours of use out of the extended. Just enough to get me through a full day of regular use now.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
If I don't turn on the screen on my phone it lasts me two days. But what is the point of having smartphone if you just let it sit idle. This is where razr maxx got it right. My wife can spend 12 hours playing on her phone, where my nexus and extended battery hardly lasts 5 hours of screen time.

This is what I'm not understanding...

Why is it that the razr maxx can have a very slim 3000plus mah battery, but the nexus can't? Have you seen the 3600mah (or whatever it is) battery for the nexus? You might as well carry around a backpack so you can actually carry it on you. Why can't the nexus have a slim battery like the maxx that holds way more juice?

chewy74

Reaction score
if i get the extended, i would have to get a new case and it will fatten up my s3xy phone.

I get good enough battery on stock to make it through the day with moderate use.

chadwick108

Reaction score
extended slim battery is slightly larger 1800 mah instead of the stock 1500 mah battery. I basically wanted something that would fit under stock batter cover. This battery will last a entire day under heavy use /flashing. I paid around 20 or 25 dollars on ebay and can stretch 2 days depending on use. Stock battery would not last a full day for me but i think it was a well spent 25 bucks