Incipio feather case with extended battery DIY

Jawbone

Reaction score
Incipio Samsung Galaxy Nexus feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Cases, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Covers, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Accessories, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Protection, Galaxy Nexus Cases

Let me first say that half the people that read this post will probably think I am an idiot but this might interest a few.
I am not a big fan of cases on Phones but after buying a Incipio feather case for my Wife’s Bionic I was interested. I am worried about the bottom of the phone by the speaker scratching over time so I decided I would get a feather case as well.
I also am not one to carry two batteries around but would love to have the extended battery in my phone versus the standard. So when I saw the extended battery was 25 dollars through Verizon, I jumped on it. Now that I have it, I have decided to sell my regular battery on Ebay. I won’t be switching so why not recoup the cost. Hopefully you now know where I am coming from in the next paragraph.

Did some quick searching youtube for the feather case. Looks great but was apparent it will not fit with the extended battery. I saw in another thread, that people were just going without a cover to get there cases to fit. I personally feel uncomfortable not having anything on the back of my phone under the case to prevent dirt and debris from entering. I decided to cut the standard battery cover to allow the extended battery to be exposed. Looks bad but I feel it it is a good compromise for me and the Incipio case fits great. So I say if you like your phone, then cut away. I will hold on to the extended battery cover in case I every want to rock the GNex without a case. Pics enclosed
View attachment 44646View attachment 44647View attachment 44648View attachment 44649View attachment 44650
Cheers
PS if you buy the case directly from them, enter FBFAN2011 to get 15% off.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
good idea....maybe i will do that with my double cover case. im not using the stock case any how.....how do you like the feather light case? does it offer sufficient protection?

OP
J

Jawbone

Reaction score
Yes I like the case a lot. It proablly will only offer minimal protection during a fall but now I do not feel like I need to be very careful when sitting it down. It also provides a small lip above the glass in case you sit the phone face down

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
J

Jawbone

Reaction score
I placed tape all the way around the cover/ battery. Now it is sealed pretty good. The real test will be testing Google wallet with this case on. If it does not work then this is a deal breaker. Yes I have been using it that much

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums