Extended Battery Now Available

flash24

Reaction score
Mine has been up and running since 5:30am. It is now 6:23pm and it is down to 20% with heavy use. Not bad at all.

bwhite757

Reaction score
Mine has been up and running since 5:30am. It is now 6:23pm and it is down to 20% with heavy use. Not bad at all.

That's with the extended battery?? That's kind of disappointing you can only get 12-14 hours out of it. I'll stick with just carrying an extra battery then. I run my Pro through 2 batteries everyday, but I start my day at 7:30am and end it at 1:00am most days. I'm usually at 50% left of my 2nd battery when I plug it in at the end of the night, and I'm on it constantly. I find it more convenient to use than my computer in most cases, and all of my business calls come through to this phone. I go through a regular battery in about 10 hours. (That's approximately 2 hours of talk, ~100 texts or IM's, and countless time on here and the internet.)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

thedose

Reaction score
Look at this!

After running the following: GPS, Navigation, Stocks, Weather, Heavy texting and phone calls, and AIM...

I am on the original BP6X battery!

I LOVE THIS PHONE!

1z5tfd2.png

t5hjk3.png

I wonder how much I could make the BP7X last!

HA! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

broomulack

Reaction score
C'mon man, that picture has to be doctored. That battery wouldn't be that high after a full day even if you didn't use it. lol

Look at this!

After running the following: GPS, Navigation, Stocks, Weather, Heavy texting and phone calls, and AIM...

I LOVE THIS PHONE!

1z5tfd2.png

t5hjk3.png

thedose

Reaction score
C'mon man, that picture has to be doctored. That battery wouldn't be that high after a full day even if you didn't use it. lol

Look at this!

I LOVE THIS PHONE!

1z5tfd2.png

t5hjk3.png

Give me 1 good reason why anyone would photoshop something like this?

I've owned this phone since last friday, and I think the battery is conditioning very well!

RevivaL

Reaction score
I feel like my battery drains more just by sitting in my pocket at work. When I'm using it throughout the day, I get good life out of it.

AParamedic

Reaction score
My verizon holder / shell combo fits acceptably with the extended battery. Initially, placing the holster back on is a bit snug, but with a very slight amount of coaxing, it snaps fully over the phone without too much trouble. Fit into the holster with the extended battery is slightly looser than with the standard battery, but it doesn't slide out of the holder, even in the horizontal position.

flash24

Reaction score
My verizon holder / shell combo fits acceptably with the extended battery. Initially, placing the holster back on is a bit snug, but with a very slight amount of coaxing, it snaps fully over the phone without too much trouble. Fit into the holster with the extended battery is slightly looser than with the standard battery, but it doesn't slide out of the holder, even in the horizontal position.

Going to give that another try... because right now, I don't even have the back cover on my device, just the shell.

flash24

Reaction score

It worked, thanks! :icon_ banana:

AParamedic

Reaction score
No problem. Glad you and some others have been able to get it to work.

The extended battery and holster case also fit acceptably (but not perfectly) into the home docking station if you take out both the cradle inserts and just slide the phone into the dock. There's a bit of free play and I worry that it may cause some long term wear on the connector but its a tolerable fit for now.

I still miss the drop-in convenience of the BB charging cradles compared to the "slide-in" droid pro cradle

perfect storm

Reaction score

Are you guys placing referring to using the Extended Battery with the New Extended Battery Cover - and then.. using the holster?

Although an extended battery with no cover will fit the holster, I dont know how comfortable I am with so much exposed (especially since there is that big square that is exposed on the droid verizon holster)

akosnitzky

Reaction score
I am getting the battery today via fedex so I will be able to add to the mix. I read mix items regarding the skin/case with new door

ayce

Reaction score

Are you guys placing referring to using the Extended Battery with the New Extended Battery Cover - and then.. using the holster?

Although an extended battery with no cover will fit the holster, I dont know how comfortable I am with so much exposed (especially since there is that big square that is exposed on the droid verizon holster)

yup, i was able to get my holster/shell combo to fit over the extended battery cover so that the back of the phone is no longer exposed

akosnitzky

Reaction score
I didn't realize how thick new battery appears. With new door it still fits over new skin. The device does feel heavier.

StingRay

Reaction score

yes, after seeing posts by AParamedic and Flash24 I gave it a try and was also able to get the Verizon holster case over the new ext. battery & door....

the trick I used was to slide the Pro in from one of the ends, then pull either side up and over each "corner" of the phone....tight, but it works....also fits fine into the holster...
:icon_ banana: