Extended Battery Now Available

kilofox

Reaction score
Ordered!!!

Dont forget promo code FREEOVERNT for free next day shipping!!

jimbo11mcm

Reaction score
Ordered

Thanks for the update. It is a different battery than the extended battery for the Droid X, which I have.

eus107709

Reaction score
The Verizon wireless website seems a bit buggy right now. I'm able to view the battery and cover, but there's no way to add it to cart or checkout. There's an option to "select phone" to check compatibility, but that button doesn't work on Chrome and IE8.

$50 for the extended battery and cover seems steep. I'm going to wait to see what 3rd party accessory makers come up with first.

ravenhawk

Reaction score
If you're trying to order it, your best bet is to call Verizon and have a customer service rep put in the order for you. If you try to do it online yourself, you don't get the 25% off, and their online order shipments have been buggy too. The Verizon stores can also order it and, if they don't have it at the store, they can have it shipped to your free.

eus107709

Reaction score
@ravenhawk That's probably a good idea. I can confirm the online order processing problem as I've encountered it firsthand. I don't plan on buying it, but was just curious...

ravenhawk

Reaction score
I figure it must have a hump, since there's no way a bigger batter could fit in there otherwise, and I don't think they'd be bothering with an entire new back if it didn't.

Ride

Reaction score
The extended battery is marginally different from the factory one. The top part of the cover (around camera) is the same and it still slopes down, just not as much as the standard battery cover. It's surprising how small it is.

Now just trying to find a case/holster that works. If anyone knows of any good cases for the xtended, let me know, here's what I've tried:

- VZW Case / holster combo (cross-hatched pattern one) does NOT fit
- Body Glove case / belt clip DOES fit (but don't like my screen facing out)
- Silicone cover does NOT fit properly (small lips on the side don't fit over) so it's pretty loose on the sides.

akosnitzky

Reaction score
So I have to use a certain cover depending on the battery? Do I need a different charging dock for extended battery vs regular battery?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Last edited:

akosnitzky

Reaction score
The extended battery is marginally different from the factory one. The top part of the cover (around camera) is the same and it still slopes down, just not as much as the standard battery cover. It's surprising how small it is.

Now just trying to find a case/holster that works. If anyone knows of any good cases for the xtended, let me know, here's what I've tried:

- VZW Case / holster combo (cross-hatched pattern one) does NOT fit
- Body Glove case / belt clip DOES fit (but don't like my screen facing out)
- Silicone cover does NOT fit properly (small lips on the side don't fit over) so it's pretty loose on the sides.

Please keep us posted. I am using the skin now.