Exiting Internet Browser

simpleguy4

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but how do you exit the web browser? I currently scroll and exit every page I've visited until I finally arrive at my desktop, which I know is not the best way to do it and is very time consuming. Anybody want to direct me on this, as I feel like an idiot.

Thank you

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I just hit the Home button.....

refthemc

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but how do you exit the web browser? I currently scroll and exit every page I've visited until I finally arrive at my desktop, which I know is not the best way to do it and is very time consuming. Anybody want to direct me on this, as I feel like an idiot.

Thank you

Android doesn't really ever close the programs you open, you can try using a task manager if you really feel the need to close the program, but some people don't recommend it.

OP
S

simpleguy4

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I will just return to homepage and leave browser open. Appreciate your responses.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

Thank you

Android doesn't really ever close the programs you open, you can try using a task manager if you really feel the need to close the program, but some people don't recommend it.

Why would someone not recommend it? Doesn't it use up resources? I just use an app killer.

baniels

Reaction score
Set your homepage to about:blank

When you are done browsing, hit menu->windows, then X out all the open windows. Then hit the back button after the blank homepage appears.

disceptre

Reaction score
I have a followup question. Say, I am in An app, I click a link that opens browser and I fill haveto go through a couple pages then fill out a form. Is there a way to exit the browser with one click but keep the app open?

mhotovec

Reaction score
I have a followup question. Say, I am in An app, I click a link that opens browser and I fill haveto go through a couple pages then fill out a form. Is there a way to exit the browser with one click but keep the app open?

+1 to baniels closing all open windows in the browser. That's the way I do mine also.

I wonder if you need to change the way you think about the browser. Don't think of it as 'exiting' like you would a computer browser, just think of it as 'leaving' (I know, that's a fine distinction I'm making). When you're done with the browser, press the home key. If you first want to force the browser to clear all screens then do what baniels suggested.
In either case when you go back to the app that opened the browser, it should be sitting on the same screen it was when it sent you to the browser. You may have to restart the app (when you exit the browser you don't go right back to the previous app) but it's state should be the same.