multitask with 2 browsers?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by DJxEDxD, May 1, 2010.

1. DJxEDxD

DJxEDxD New Member

is it possible to use two browsers at once. preferably use the stock browser to play internet radio with yourmuze and go back to the home screen to do something else like use another browser. Everytime I hit the home button to go to the home screen it kills the music but if I load a page in the home browser and exit out it'll have finished loading the page when I go back to it ? Thought Droid was known for being able to do many things at once ? maybe there's a way to keep the net going for the internet music I'm missing ?
  2. DJxEDxD

DJxEDxD New Member

hmm guess no ones sure on this one huh .is there a way to get the browser to not stop sending info while its closed or your doing something else? disable force close.
  3. DJxEDxD

DJxEDxD New Member

Bump
    Has no one even a guess for this one?
  4. ldimick

ldimick New Member

It is going to depend upon the app you are streaming with. When I open an MP3 stream I use STREAMITALL. So the browser is removed from the equation. And I can open another browser. Why not try your way and see what happens?
  5. kmo

kmo New Member

Why not try it yourself and you can let the rest of us know...dancedroid you could download this >>> alotofinternet and browse 4 screens at once, but as far as 2 browsers????
  6. bl42ed0

bl42ed0 New Member

Pandora ftw for streaming music!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  7. kmo

kmo New Member

+1 for Pandora I use it all the time...
  8. ldimick

ldimick New Member

I tried Pandora and it was not a good solution. Some of the players will only work with a fixed length stream and will not play a true stream.
  9. kmo

kmo New Member

Interesting, I use it on my Macbook and have been using with my INC since (the 29th April) so not too long but no issues at all for me listening to hours of music/album artwork and artist info displayed.
  10. ldimick

ldimick New Member

I don't remember if Pandora was the one that gave me problems or not. That was why I mentioned SOME instead of Pandora. Try this link and see if it works for you. Old Time Radio I know a lot of the music streams send the file length as part of the stream so it is not an issue. This site does not.
  11. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

For streaming music i use RadioTime or iheartradio. They work awesome.
  12. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Cherry rplayer
  13. DJxEDxD

DJxEDxD New Member

All very good suggestions

I use YourMuze its a website where you can search for internet.radio (streaming stations) and ad.them to your personal list.then.go to m.yourmuze.com and play them through you stock browser on any phone .And I have a big list of stations already but when I hit the homescreen button it kicks me out of the stream and stops the music. hmm I've been tryin some other stuff but haven't got it yet will report back if I figure out a way. Thanx all
  14. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Why wouldn't you try it yourself instead of asking? Did you try opening a new tab in the same browser?
  15. deadernie

deadernie New Member

I use cherryRplayer and surf the net @ the same time. Maybe it's not a feature in the app you are using?
  16. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

I recommended yourmuze just a few days ago in a thread, did you hear about it from me?

Either way, I've been using moodio.fm (now yourmuze.fm) for years on my BB and now on my droid, adn unfortunetaly the answer is NO.

With yourmuze, as soon as you do anything else, the music stops. I kid you not, the browser must be displayed on your screen since it plays through the browser, believe me, I've tried everything you cna't multitask with yourmuze.
  17. ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid Member

Actually, the answer is Cherry Rplayer. I'm doing it right now. Download Cherry Rplayer, go to m.youmuze.fm and click on your station it should automatically load Cherry and start playing. Sometimes you might have to hit the station more than once. I had to do it like 4 times before it started to play, but it's working now.

I've been looking to get this one particular station to stream over my phone for nearly a year. Finally! I hope it continues to work.
  18. ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid Member

Well, so much for this.

About 3 weeks or so after I posted the above. Cherry Rplayer stopped working for this.
    So I went to DroidLive Lite, which has been working perfectly...until today when I updated to Froyo.
    Now I can't stream anything from yourmuze. DroidLive says that it's a known issue with Froyo and they're working on getting around it. How can Froyo send out the OS with this issue?
  19. aminaked

aminaked New Member

I use cherry rplayer with feeds from The Mobile Stream Center USA - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, iPhone, iPod touch, Smartphone, or other PDA or mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE or 3G

As far as your original question, I think it's a good idea. On a PC you can, say, run a youtube video in the browser and then switch to another tab or another program and still hear the video. I don't think this is possible in any current android browser (i could be very wrong--haven't tried it). I hope that browser developers can make this kind of functionality a reality.

By the way, my favorite browser at the moment is dolphin HD.
  20. ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid Member

Search tags for this page

how to multitask on htc droid incredible 2