Exercising with your Droid

Cappuchica

Reaction score
I was thinking of swapping out my iPod nano and using my Droid as my main MP3 player but then I realized how big it is. I like having a big phone (saves digging time when looking for it in my purse) but I can't really imagine jogging around my neighborhood with an old-school Gameboy sized object.

Do any of you go for runs/exercise with your Droid? How is it? I'm thinking it would be convenient (and safer) to have my phone on me when I run. Thanks!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I've been running with my Droid for a while now with no issues. I love it, it eliminated my need to where a watch (for a stopwatch), carry my MP3 player and my desire for a Garmin Forerunner! I use JogTracker for tracking my runs/miles and sometime stream Pandora or use my music player to listen to the MP3's I transfered.

As far as it's size - I have not found it to be an issue. I put it in my pocket while I run and have not had a problem. I have been looking for an armband that works with it but have not had too much success. They're all too tight, you move your arm and the volume goes up/down, tracks skip, etc. I WISH Motorola made better accessories for the active Droid owners!

Reaction score
I go running with it and use it at the gym. Never considered its size an issue. If I had something smaller I'd just be more likely to not notice where it is and sit a 60lb weight on it!

OP
C

Cappuchica

Reaction score
HAHA at the 60lb weight... But see I would have to hold it in my hand. They don't really make women's running shorts with pockets. At the gym, I could sit it on the machine somewhere but outdoors, I'm not sure how else to hold onto it. I can't shove it in my pants haha.

Dan_08

Reaction score
I use an iphone arm band case, Its real tight but it works. I also use Cardio Trainier with it, great to track your work outs.

Reaction score
I have been looking for an armband that works with it but have not had too much success. They're all too tight, you move your arm and the volume goes up/down, tracks skip, etc. I WISH Motorola made better accessories for the active Droid owners!

Have you tried a Microsoft Zune armband?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I have been looking for an armband that works with it but have not had too much success. They're all too tight, you move your arm and the volume goes up/down, tracks skip, etc. I WISH Motorola made better accessories for the active Droid owners!

Have you tried a Microsoft Zune armband?

No, no I have not. I will now, thanks for the hint :biggrin:

ken.gentry

Reaction score
The Zune 80GB/120GB player dimensions are 4.4" x 2.4" x 0.6". The Droid X is 5.0" x 2.6" and 0.4" and the original Droid is 4.6″ x 2.4″ x 0.5″.

I'd bet a Zune case would do the trick. There appears to be many styles of armband cases on Amazon.

solar

Reaction score
I also use my droid while running and it even has an extended battery! I feels just fine. I just use my holster like I normally would. I like to use SoftRace while I run. It uses GPS to track my path, speed, elevation, etc.