Exchange/Corporate email sync - please help!

Munk06

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've been scouring the internet for days to try to find a solution for my problem (not to mention visited a few Verizon stores and called our IT department multiple times), but I haven't been able to find anything that works (or anything in non-techno babble that I can understand).

I used to be able to receive my Corporate Exchange email absolutely fine - until it wasn't syncing and then my Droid stopped receiving emails from my corporate email altogether. I figured I'd uninstall to reinstall, which should logically fix the problem, right? BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER.

I insert all my information: my email, all the correct domain/username/password/server information, click the box for SSL and accept all SSL certificates and every time it comes back with the error message:

Setup could not finish. Cannot connect to server

Please, please help! I love my Droid and this is clearly killing our relationship! IT said hundreds of their employees are Droid users who are not having an email issues at all.

What can I do to alleviate this problem?

Thanks!
-A
Motorola Droid 1 user

Musica

Reaction score
Exchange/Corporate e-mail sync

Did you receive the update that allows Flash 10.1 to be downloaded? This update wreaked havoc on many phones' ability to access Microsoft Exchange. I spent hours with Verizon, who was very helpful and even participated in a conference call with Motorola. BTW, the 2 Motorola Level 2 reps I dealt with were HORRIBLE. Of interest, when you call Motorola for support, the last menu option is for issues with Microsoft Exchange and corporate sync! What does that say?

Anyway, the gal at Motorola very coldly advised that the only options were to 1) have IT make Exceptions or 2) download (purchase) Touchdown. Verizon and I said thank you and got off the phone with her. Verizon came through for me big time, in part because I have been with them so long. After sending me a replacement Droid which had the same sync problem, they have sent me a "like new" Droid 2, which successfully syncs to corporate e-mail and calendar.

I have read posts about a problem because a password/PIN is required to unlock the phone. Unfortunately, this is true. According to our IT guy, they (employer) require a password to unlock the phone the Droid should have behaved that way, as well. It is a bit of a pain to have to enter a password because the phone goes to sleep after 20 minutes, but I just use 0000 and it takes no time. There are definite improvements in the Droid 2, including a better keyboard and only downloading new e-mails, so it is worth it to me.

Insist on a new model phone. You shouldn't have to buy Touchdown because of a problem they and Google created. I think Motorola is working on a patch or something, but who knows how long it might be.

Last edited:
OP
M

Munk06

Reaction score
Dear Musica,

You are a lifesaver. THANK YOU so much for this information. I did receive that update, and I was wondering if that was the heart of the matter!

How are you liking the Droid 2? I heard the battery life isn't the best, but it seems like such an improvement to an already amazing phone.

Thank you!
A