ESN question

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by deang, Mar 25, 2010.

1. deang

deang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased a Motorola Droid, when I go to activate it can Verizon tell it is a Droid based on the ESN?

2. choklitcow

choklitcow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. But you don't have to call either, you can activate it through their website.

*edit*

Seems like you don't want them to know it is a Droid, but unfortunately yes the ESN will connect the two.

3. deang

deang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    choklitcow,
    That is what I thought, just wanted to confirm it. What I want to do is activate the phone but not buy Verizon's over priced data plan. I am in enough hot spots during the day where WiFi will serve me fine. I had a salesman tell me I could register my phone without the data plan if I bought the phone outright (which I have done) but had a Verizon tech tell me I couldn't. I'm not trying to get something for free, just trying to avoid giving Verizon $30 per phone above and beyond their over priced talk & text plan.

4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have a current contract with Verizon? If so you may be able to just swap the phones on the plan and not have it add the data plan. I think I remember reading someone around here had a Verizon phone that had the cheaper data plan ($15/month I think). They swapped phones and now have their Droid on the cheaper data plan.

5. deang

deang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I get close to the end of my billing cycle I'm going to try swich to my Droid on line and hope it takes it. I'll keep you posted on the results.

Search tags for this page
find esn on motorola blur

how to get esn number for a855

if i purchased a verizon blur elswhere would verizon activat
motorola blur esn number