Error when running update.zip...

OP
K

Kloster

Reaction score
PM From Kloster
What do you mean if I have bootstrap and clockwork recovery flashed?

I used both of those apps or programs or w/e in my attempt to update, but I never flashed them.

Where do I get the ROM Manager?

Thanks a lot for your patience btw.

open bootstrap and select the first one. download rom manager (free) from market and flash clockwork recovery (first option). download ROM>Stock Images>2.2

i did a backup then installed it without wiping data (but its recommended you do, not responsible for what happens)

it then should boot into recovery and backup and install 2.2

Thank you, using ROM Manager I got 2.2 :icon_ banana:

1694kyle

Reaction score
If bootstrapper is installed, you can't install 2.2 with the "droid x hacking guide." Modified logwrapper is the issue I belive. The only way to use that method is flash sbf and start clean. Good to hear you got it.

OP
K

Kloster

Reaction score
Will updating with ROM Manager cause me to lose root?
If so, can I root in 2.2?
If not, Id have to revert to to 2.1 then update using a rooted ROM right?

1694kyle

Reaction score

I do not belive so, I didn't lose it at least. I had 2.1 themed so i had to flash sbf to get to stock and then I rooted using one-click, after that I did the ROM Manager update and and I was rooted after.

I kept root, so I can only assume everyone will. If not, for some reason unknown, there are root methods for 2.2. Plenty on the forum if need be.

OP
K

Kloster

Reaction score

I do not belive so, I didn't lose it at least. I had 2.1 themed so i had to flash sbf to get to stock and then I rooted using one-click, after that I did the ROM Manager update and and I was rooted after.

I kept root, so I can only assume everyone will. If not, for some reason unknown, there are root methods for 2.2. Plenty on the forum if need be.

Thats very frustrating to me then because I cant remove bloatware using adb following the steps posted on this guide.
I just get told permission denied, or access denied in a step or another.
Im assuming thats because I dont have root.

Is there any way for me to check that I have root?

OP
K

Kloster

Reaction score
This is very frustrating, if someone knows of an IRC channel where I can get some more help or if someone is kind and patient enough to want to help me out with this please let me know.

Tried getting root with the Droid2 method but couldnt do it.

1694kyle

Reaction score

Thats very frustrating to me then because I cant remove bloatware using adb following the steps posted on this guide.
I just get told permission denied, or access denied in a step or another.
Im assuming thats because I dont have root.

Is there any way for me to check that I have root?

If you have terminal emulator (get it), type "su" (without quotes) in the prompt and if the $ changes to #, you're rooted. You might download the 1-click root program. It's only a dollar and handy for rooting with these updates or visiting big red.

Edit: That sounded wrong. Not for rooting the updates, but rooting when you flash sbf or a back-to-stock files.