Unrooting

doubleapitt

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm receiving the same message. I can't use SBF because I have a Mac. What should I do?

MetaleroFuentes

Reaction score
Originated from Baja California Mexico, now in Pho
Hello, iam trying to unroot my droid x and leave no trace that rooting was ever done. i restored it with my bootstrap to before i placed any ROM's then went to z4 and hit unroot, i've done a factory reset and formatted the memory card, everything seems good but when the phone is restarted the "LINEAR" logo comes out from the liberty theme Linear. how can i get rid of this. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Hello, iam trying to unroot my droid x and leave no trace that rooting was ever done. i restored it with my bootstrap to before i placed any ROM's then went to z4 and hit unroot, i've done a factory reset and formatted the memory card, everything seems good but when the phone is restarted the "LINEAR" logo comes out from the liberty theme Linear. how can i get rid of this. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Search for the Stock Moto Droid X Boot Logo and Animation and flash them back...should work. Make sure to unroot after doing this as well...

rustymcbain

Reaction score
Look using the sbf file is the for sure way to go back to stock. Well because that is stock. It takes about ten minutes to setup, another five to flash, then however long per apps you have to reload. I have 70 apps reload from the market each flash about thirty minutes tops. Once done no root, no custom roms, no custom bootloaders, just plain stock. No offense to everyones grabbing bits and bobs to find the right files is tiresome and needless.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

drew96dawg

Reaction score
My phone so slow its basically unresponsive so I need to send it back and I can't get it to unroot because my computer says it isn't connected

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

kptphalkon

Reaction score
You need to SBF (unless u updated to the latest OTA, then SBF will toast your phone).

You need to hold the power button and I BELIEVE but am UNSURE if it is up arrow and x or volume up + volume down to get to bootloader mode. MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED

Then use rsdlite to flash an SBF. There should be full links and tutorials in the D2 section, there's no need to make a(nother) thread about it.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
i thought I only have to that on a custom rom?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
You don't need to be on a custom rom to SBF, and technically you can get away with sending back a rooted phone. Assurion, the company that handles insurance/warranty returns will SBF the phone before looking at anything.

But you can do it yourself (takes about an hour to set up the program and flash the SBF), save time and money, and they'll never know.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I will ask again though, did you update to the newest OTA? Because if you did, you CANNOT SBF the phone.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Not that I am aware of I got the phone as a cln from verizon

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I will ask again though, did you update to the newest OTA? Because if you did, you CANNOT SBF the phone.
he wants to send back, so if SBF, bricks phone should be fine
they are not going to find anything with MEM_MAP Blank / Service Req'd

I didn't think Droid 2 had a recent update, just Droid x, D2G, R2D2, and Droid X2
I'm sure ones coming, if not out

edit: and it's out
[h=2]DROID 2 4.5.621 Update Finally Arrives[/h]

Last edited:

GrimDaSinner

Reaction score
Please help me unroot my DROID 4. I know the DROID 4 Utility is on the forum here but the links do not work to download it.