Error saving attachment with texted ringtone from verizonwireless.com

Ksmiles3od

Reaction score
Hello! I recently updated my droid x and since then I can not save ringtones I purchase on verizonewireless.com. I receive the text stating I have succesfully purchased the ringtone, but when I long hold the ringtone inside the text and press save audio it says error saving attachment. The text will play the ringtone just won't save it. I have tried the download all files app and called verizon tech dept with no help. They even sent me a new phone saying mine was corrupt and the new one does the same thing. Sooo frustrated, HELP!

OP
K

Ksmiles3od

Reaction score
Someone please help! No one has replied...do I need to post this issue elsewhere! ?

VZWSupport

Reaction score
Help has arrived! Let me see if I can walk you through the process. I need to know a few things about which icon you're pressing and holding to get your ringtone saved. Are you opening the message before you press and hold the icon or after?

OP
K

Ksmiles3od

Reaction score
The text message is from verizon wireless at # 000-000-0000. I have tried opening it both just in the text message window, and after opening the text message itself. The icon looks like a speaker; a grey box with an orange circle surrounding a black and grey circle. When I long hold that icon it comes up with a menu that gives the options to; open message, delete message, play audio, save audio, protect message, or view message details. I chose save audio, and it comes up with a new window saying error saving attachement with an envelope and an x on it. When I open the text it plays the ringtone and then after it plays I can open it, and it says slideshow attachements and has the song with the same icon and a checkbox next to it. I can click the checkbox and select save and when I do that it gives a triangle with an exclamation mark that says; Error Saving. The attachement failed to save. Please re-try saving. I have tried purchasing several different songs and it does this on each. I have also talked to verizon technical support and went into a verizon store and they could not help me, and only sent me a new phone, which is doing the same thing. Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it!

VZW_CS

Reaction score
You most definitely should be able to save ringtones that have been sent to the droid.
I want you to open the attachment and then start playing the ringtone. As the ringtone is playing, you should be able to press & hold on that message. After pressing it should give the option to "save ringtone"
Also, have you downloaded the tone from the V Cast Music Application that is on the phone?

OP
K

Ksmiles3od

Reaction score
I tried saving as the music is playing but no menu appears aside hold it. I went to my phones vcast and it says no songs available and there isn't an option to add any from my text, or download . Any other suggestions?

Rusman1

Reaction score
I am having this issue as well. Same exact problem as the op, same exact symptoms. The ringtone was purchased from the online ringtone app store (not from an app on my phone).

Appreciate any help!

msdfr

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my X. After I updated to GB, 1 of my ringtones disappeared off my phone. I can't re-download it because trying to save the text message attachment generates an error message. I have talked to their techs a few times, who finally told me they know items from the Verizon website currently can't be saved to the phones (after the first few times of telling me they have had no other reports of the problem). They said there is nothing you can do until they fix the problem on their end.

Their suggestion is to use a free ringtone app in the mean time to see if you can find what you want. Not very helpful.

VZWSupport

Reaction score
Another thing I would suggest trying is to either send yourself a picture or have someone send you one. Then press and hold the picture to save it. If you are able to save the picture, try the ringtone again. I have seen this help other customers.

Hope that helps!
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

msdfr

Reaction score
That does not help me. I'm able to save pictures no problem. The only issue is with Verizon ringtones.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

PhilJ

Reaction score
I'm having the very same problem with my DroidX. I purchased a ringtone from verizonwireless on 30 July and when trying to save I get Error saving attachment.