Audio saved from a text, but where...

llgeg

Reaction score
..is it? I sent a few ringtones from phonezoo to my TB, they show up in the text, but I have no clue where it is at. I long pressed the file in my text, and options come up to save audio. When I choose save audio, it just says audio saved, but I can't find it on my phone. I just got my TB yesterday, so I am totally new at all this. I checked under music, ringtones, I can't find it. Thoughts?

cnmsales

Reaction score
Do you have a file explorer? If not you will want one. Id recomend ES File explorer. Once this is installed open it up and it will take you to your SD card. The file probably is going to either be in a folder named Download, or possibly the IM client folder your using. IE if your using handcent for messaging it might be saved in the handcent folder.

OP
L

llgeg

Reaction score
Do you have a file explorer? If not you will want one. Id recomend ES File explorer. Once this is installed open it up and it will take you to your SD card. The file probably is going to either be in a folder named Download, or possibly the IM client folder your using. IE if your using handcent for messaging it might be saved in the handcent folder.

I don't, what is a file explorer? This is my first smartphone so I am feeling so overwhelmed with learning everything. I am not using handcent. Thank you!

OP
L

llgeg

Reaction score
Ok, I downloaded it, and you're right, it was in the download folder. But what do I do next? I opened it with Music, but I don't know how to save it.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Its already saved. What are you trying to use it for? Im assuming as a ringtone. I cant remember the exact process for making it show up in the system, however I would offer you a better solution then the way your currently doing it.

Go to the market and download ZEDGE. Run it and search for your ringtones here. They have a huge selection and its free. Additionaly, once you download from the app it also gives you the option to SET them for specific use from within the zedge app.

OP
L

llgeg

Reaction score
Its already saved. What are you trying to use it for? Im assuming as a ringtone. I cant remember the exact process for making it show up in the system, however I would offer you a better solution then the way your currently doing it.

Go to the market and download ZEDGE. Run it and search for your ringtones here. They have a huge selection and its free. Additionaly, once you download from the app it also gives you the option to SET them for specific use from within the zedge app.

Thanks! I downloaded Zedge last night, and checked there first, but they didn't have a few I wanted. No biggie really, just wondered if I was missing an easy step somewhere.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Its still possible.

Ok go into your file explorer you downloaded and look for the MEDIA folder. If there is one create a new folder named MEDIA. In this folder you will create three sub folders One named NOTIFICATIONS One named ALARMS, and one named RINGTONES.

So the folder structure will be SD/MEDIA/NOTIFICATIONS.

You put your notifications tones in the notifications folder, your alarms in alarms folder, and ringtones in the ringtones folder.

Now your custom ring tones should show up in the android system settings for ringtones, alarms, and notifications.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Also you may or may not have to reboot for them to show up.

OP
L

llgeg

Reaction score
Thanks! I did that, rebooted. How do I move them into that folder? What I did is "re-save" it from my text, and it put it in an audio folder in the media folder, I did nothing. The initial audio files I saved are still under downloads. It does now show in my music/ringtones though. I appreciate the help! Where would I even begin to learn things like this? I've been going thru the manual and don't see info like this. Thanks again! :)

cnmsales

Reaction score
To move something you just need to long press the file in question and select COPY, then go to the folder you want it in. Long press and paste. Also, now that you have them in the right place you can delete the files in your download folder as there just taking up space.

sir2545

Reaction score
Ok, I downloaded it, and you're right, it was in the download folder. But what do I do next? I opened it with Music, but I don't know how to save it.

Move any downloaded ringtones into media>audio>ringtones or notifications.. and they will be accessible from the sound settings.

Sent from my Thunderbolt