eris 2.1 turn into 2.2 ???

Reaction score
is it ture that you can turn your eris htc 2.1 into a 2.2???
if so can some please tell me how!!!??

thanks for anyones help!!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
is it ture that you can turn your eris htc 2.1 into a 2.2???
if so can some please tell me how!!!??

thanks for anyones help!!

As stated above, you can do it by rooting your Eris.

However, if you are a fan of HTC SenseUI (7 home screens, etc) then be aware that you lose that with a 2.2 Rom. 2.2 Roms were not released by HTC and therefore you will have the stock Froyo 2.2 interface. (Some people prefer that.)

OP
C
Reaction score
whats a good custom recovery to use?
and where do i get the flash a FroYo (2.2) ROM from??
and do i do it from my phone or on my computer

im new to this stuff and wanna learn..i just want my dam phone to run better!!!!

i followed these steps but it didnt work...when i got to the part where it said to "Wipe data/factory reset"

i did that.. than i Scroll Down and Choose the ROM (.zip) file that you transferred to the root folder of your SD card at the beginning of this process. Click with the trackball once, and then click again to confirm and install the ROM.

but once i click again to confirm it just wet to abort!!!
what went wrong??

Universal Eris Root for Dummies! - Android Forums

or is there a better way to do it??

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Darkseider

Reaction score
I have a friend running Kaos Froyo v35-1 and is overclocked to 710 Mhz and his Eris is fast and smooth. You're experience may be different with that ROM as no one phone is the same as the other but give it a shot.

seanydizzley

Reaction score
You also might want to run ShadowROM. It's replaced KaosFroyo for me.

TeeJayTM

Reaction score
Ok so which one is the one that will show me how to root my wife's STOCK 2.1 Eris?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Darkseider

Reaction score
Ok so which one is the one that will show me how to root my wife's STOCK 2.1 Eris?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Look at the post from Bob Dammit it is pretty much a step by step and then choose your ROM and go from there.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Either click on the link from your phones browser and download it, or download it from your computer, and transfer it to your phone via USB. You are going to need a file manager to install the file, if you dont have one already, download Astro File Manager from the market, its free and easy. Before you install the file, you will need to allow install of unknown applications. To do that, from your home screen, hit Menu> Settings> Applications> Check Unknown sources.

Im heading to work in 15 minutes, if no one can help you, Ill check this thread when I get home.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Before I forget, after got get root, and boot into Amon_Ra (custom recovery), the first thing you need to do is MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!!!

This will give you a "starting point" to return your phone to if (when) anything goes wrong. After you make the back up boot the phone back up normally, and navigate to the new "Nandroid" folder. Open it, and rename the file "Virgin_OEM". Back it up on your PC. Give a copy to your mother, your best friend, heck... give a copy to your best friends mother. Just make sure you dont misplace that file.

OP
C
Reaction score
i did not see no " disclaimer, press button" when i download it from my market (dropbox) so what ae they talkin bout??

thanks bob dammit for helpin me and not gettin too mad at me cause im not sure whats goin on lol

OP
C
Reaction score
is there a dam youtube video where i can watch who they do it the right way lol
before i mess up my phone.. or can someonemake one lol