ERIS 2.1 - Music is speeding through bluetooth

FlooFy

Reaction score
Hey, this only happened to me once on 1.5 but ever since I got the 2.1 update and I connected my phone's bluetooth to my car and try to play music it speeds, like really fast. Maybe 2x its original speed. Then when I disconnect the bluetooth and play the music through my phone's speakers it's normal again. I tried everything that I could think of, restarting my phone, killing all my apps then playing music, disconnecting then reconnecting bluetooth, pausing then playing, etc. This happens on every song that's on my SD card. Oh and ever since the update my car didn't recognize my phone so I had to pair it up again.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me. Anyone else have a similar problem?

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Try wiping your phone and flashing the OS again.Or, clear all your music, and put it back on the sdcard. I'm no expert, so I may be wrong

OP
F

FlooFy

Reaction score
Try wiping your phone and flashing the OS again.Or, clear all your music, and put it back on the sdcard. I'm no expert, so I may be wrong

That's actually going to be my last solution, it's going to be a pain adding everything back to my phone again.

OP
F

FlooFy

Reaction score
*Bump* I just tried playing movie trailers on my phone through the Flixster app and the sound there speeds up too, so it's not just music. I also tried deleting the bluetooth pairing between my phone and my car and connecting it again, still no luck. Sound just speeds for my car and when I turn off the bluetooh and play the audio through my phone it plays at normal speed.

Oh, and everytime I play something through bluetooth it plays at a normal tempo for maybe...1.5 seconds? Then it speeds up.

trebaltre

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem. I have a 2010 Mazda 3 and Bluetooth audio worked perfect on 1.5 and now plays fast on 2.1. I had recieved a replacent phone from Verizon due to text messaging issues with the phone itself (before 2.1 even came out). The replacement phone was running 1.5 for about a week before Verizon pushed the update to it. I tested it a few days later and noticed the problem. I factory wiped the phone and still no luck so i removed all the music, formated the card, put the music back on and still same problem. I also repaired the bluetooth each time. I called Verizon and they could not find anything on this problem and suggested I do everything I had already done. They sent me another replacement that I recieved today with 1.5 on it and it worked 100% with Bluetooth audio. 2.1 was waiting to be downloaded so I did the upgrade and now have the speed problem again. I also tried another media player (Double Twist) with no luck. The Bluetooth voice seems to be fine though. Wanted to see if anyone out there knew anything else to try.

macefsc

Reaction score
same problem

I just got a Eris yesterday, and have the same problem.

Sucks, i went from an iphone to THIS... due to service and coverage issues with AT&T.

I like the phone so far, but this sucks compared to the iphone, and being able to play bluetooth music.

I am just hoping verizon comes out with a update to the operating system that fixes this bug asap.