Epocrates for Droid?

OP
Grinch

Grinch

Reaction score
The Uptodate mobile site displays very nicely on the Droid and is very snappy. The content is top notch but unless you have institutional access, it is expensive. (~$450/yr)

We have UpToDate here at the clinic, I'll have to check in to the mobile site and see how it looks. Thanks for the tip! I didn't know they had a mobile site.

justicw

Reaction score
My dad needs this bad he LOVES it on the iphone but HATES att.

jebmn

Reaction score
Man I am glad to find this forum. I just bought a droid for my partner who is a primary md who does full scope medicine. I will look into the up to date at her office to see if they have moble for their staff to use.

ParaGod

Reaction score
I know this might be a long shot, but is there an app which uses the camera similar to barcode and "Goggles" Which scans the pill and gives suggestions?

Plus I checked Skyscape's website and there Ident a drug is not available for Android phones yet.

Last edited:

jebmn

Reaction score
Yes epocrates. would be nice. Drug ID would be nice but the liabality is high I doubt anyone would want to touch that. Back in the day (like the late 80's) FDA had a 1800 # that I used in a PSY ER for drug overdose cases, I got the number from a inpt pharmacist at a state run Psy Hospital. I have heard that since then that number is no more. You could call that number give all identifying info on the pill color, shape, markings and they could tell you what it was. That was sweat when you had a OD case right in your hands. but I digress.....
I am looking too. Have had the droid for two days so I am still working on the devise before I get to apps focused. I am hoping to have a better handle on what is out and about next Mon my plate is full till then

Last edited:

rocketman45

Reaction score

jebmn

Reaction score
Yes that is what I did but I thought eventhough it isn't up a link might help and they do have a drug id section that I didn't know about that could be helpful

JAB

Reaction score
Drug Reference app for droid

Try Skyscape....this site was recommended to me by my Pharmacology Professor.

Reyzoroid

Reaction score
I'm a Physician Assistant and was using ePocrates since I was a student 9 years ago and throughout my career until upgrading to the Droid. You can imagine my disappointment when I found out it wasn't available for Android. However, I purchased a suite of Skyscape apps at a discount which included 5 minute clinical, Dr. Drugs, Drug Ix, Diff Dx, just to name a few.
5 min clinical's great but Dr.Drugs isn't updated very often unlike ePocrates. One thing I miss about eP was it's speed in accessing drug info. Skyscape takes some time to load up and I'm used to eP's layout.
Oh well, once ePocrates Essentials is available I'm switching. BTW, if anyone from ePocrates is reading this, please make a widget where we can access drug info and dosing from the homescreen. Thanks.

waynester

Reaction score
oops, my bad, when searching didn't notice i was in droid thread, thought i was still in incredible