Epocrates for Droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Grinch, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Grinch

Grinch New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a physician, and use drug database called Epocrates on my Palm PDA. I don't find any useful drug reference apps in the apps market for my Droid. Does anyone know if there is any plans by a commercial vendor to market a robust drug reference app for Droid?

2. eL777

eL777 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a pharmacy student and I have been waiting for this as well.... I thought I heard it was coming to android by the end of this year but I haven't heard anything in a while.... you can download skyscape on the marketplace and it is decent for drug info but not as good as epocrates....oooor you can just ask a pharmacist for drug info. :)

3. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol the guy is a DR he wants a reference guide. He doesn't have time to be calling Walgreens LMAO

4. mattgew

mattgew New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    according to epocrates.com they are working on it for android. you can access epocrates through your browser. not as good as the app would be, but will do for now.

5. ldimick

ldimick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I owuld love a PDR on my Droid but as a non-med person no way I am going to spend $49.

6. Grinch

Grinch New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting, I had not seen Davis' before. I'd prefer to stick with epocrates since I'm familiar with it, but it's good to know that there is a backup option out there. Surely epocrates will come through eventually...

...and if more pharmacies would have a direct-to-the-pharmacist-for-physicians-line, I'd call more often. As it is I am NOT willing to go through an extensive automated directory to (maybe) eventually get a pharmacist. It's a big enough pain when my nurse calls for me!

lol

7. ldimick

ldimick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an aunt who manages several Dr offices. She tells me stories all the time of how many calls she gets from pharmacy sales reps and the ways they try to get in to see the doctors. Very competitive field. She said that because of the variety and competition of the makers it can be a real challenge for the doctors to stay current. So frequently they rely on the sales reps to keep them informed and (as much as I hate to say it) educated on current drugs.

I had one physician I used who had the PDR on his Palm Pilot (long time ago) and I felt more confident that I was being prescribed the best possible meds because he checked several of them. It makes me nervous when a doctor rattles off a med from the top of his or her head.

Sorry if this is a hijack.

8. ldimick

ldimick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do appreciate the occasional imitrex samples though.

9. rocketman45

rocketman45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Epocrates for Droid

I sent this question to Epocrates tech support. They replied:

"We are currently working on a native application for the Android platform that we plan to launch in the next few months. If you currently have an Android device, Epocrates Online and Epocrates Online Premium have been optimized for mobile web browsing and can be accessed on the Android."

I find that Epocrates Online works fairly well in the meantime.

10. zmeflyby

zmeflyby Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a student doctor as well and the only free medical app I have is skyscape.

11. zmeflyby

zmeflyby Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ....double post

12. zmeflyby

zmeflyby Member

Ratings:
    +0

next few months? that is such BS. i thought they were going to launch it by the end of this year........

Search tags for this page
apothecary apps/ droid
drug forum apps android

epocrates for droid

epocrates size droid
hippocrates pharmacy app
pdr app for android