Entitlement Hack for RAZR HD/MAXX HD XT926 Wireless & USB, ICS & JB

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I see it just fine with JB on my end. Could you just verify these steps; if you go into SQLite Editor app, in the APPS column scroll down should see three Settings. The 1st is com.android.settings, 2nd is com.android.providers.settings and 3rd is com.motorola.android.providers.settings. Select the 3rd one and the next screen is settings.db select, should see 1st android_metadata, 2nd settings and 3rd sqlite_sequence. Select the 2nd settings and make the 58 & 68 adjustments, reboot.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have all three.
I select the one with the hammer and wrench.

Instead of seeing settings.db, I get a message -> No databases found.
I've reset the phone, I've cleared the cache, cleared the app data... Nothing

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I have all three.
I select the one with the hammer and wrench.

Instead of seeing settings.db, I get a message -> No databases found.
I've reset the phone, I've cleared the cache, cleared the app data... Nothing

Ooo sounds like you lost root! Download root checker and see if you still have root permissions. If you didn't protect root using the voodoo app while upgrading to jellybean (like me) the superuser app will still be there but will not have superuser permissions. If you did protect root but having problems bringing it back with voodo then there is a utility around the forum that matt created that would help you restore. Again this utility is only if you did protect root and could not restore root with voodoo. If not you are SOL. For now anyway

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, have root.
Titanium and everything else including AdFree work.
I reinstalled the binaries for Su using SuperUser and now it looks fine.

THANKS!!!!

This also re-enables BT tethering (PAN) for the Razr HD. On my OG Razr they did not check that for PAN.
Now they do. the SQLite hack fixes that one too.

Last edited:

djspy

Reaction score
I didn't change the tether reverse option (#57) to 1. Its still sitting at 0. Mobile Hot Spot and USB Tether work just fine. Do I need to change it? What is it for?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I didn't change the tether reverse option (#57) to 1. Its still sitting at 0. Mobile Hot Spot and USB Tether work just fine. Do I need to change it? What is it for?

#*# OP has been UPDATED NEW HACK ADDED (#58) Reverse Tether. #*#

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Sp4rxx

Reaction score
Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North America,
Like tech_head, I have root, verified root with other applications, installed both DB Browser and SQLite and neither see the databases. You may want to make sure YOU are running the OTA from VZW and check back with us....

It no worky on the OTA from VZW which is ACTUALLY JB version 4.1.2

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Like tech_head, I have root, verified root with other applications, installed both DB Browser and SQLite and neither see the databases. You may want to make sure YOU are running the OTA from VZW and check back with us....

It no worky on the OTA from VZW which is ACTUALLY JB version 4.1.2

Would you mind posting up some screenshots, I don't happen to own a Razr/Maxx, nor did I have one previously. But basically if you can find your "Settings Storage" this the area that tends to hold the "Settings.db" where the Entitlement check is. Need to see what the settings look like, as maybe 4.1.2 hid it in a different location... but can't sure of it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.android.wifi.tether

That app is working well for me, was free as opposed to purchasing the SQL Editor.

^^^ Glad to hear this works for you, but this is a "Hack" thread, where we "Develop" solutions to change the way our Android system operates. Third Party Apps don't belong in here, there's a separate section for them that you can find here.