Enough is enough -After Flashing ROMS for 2 weeks, Its time to stop

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
Thats why the insurance is a great thing. If you brick your phone you just tell them you lost it and get a new one.

That's why integrity is a great thing.
If you brick your phone you just tell them the phone is bricked
(and don't be a juvenile prick and lie):icon_ devil:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Agreed.

Why lie? This is what insurance is for.

alkaholic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

jbernard703

Reaction score
:icon_eek:
Thats why the insurance is a great thing. If you brick your phone you just tell them you lost it and get a new one.

That's why integrity is a great thing.
If you brick your phone you just tell them the phone is bricked
(and don't be a juvenile prick and lie):icon_ devil:

I assume,though I have not read the fine print, that bricking your phone is not covered. So thanks for the ethics lesson. You have integrity I will take a new phone,

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, I don't say this to be mean; but like alot of the others have said; the word of the day is LEARN. Do all of the reading up on custom recovery partitions, custom ROMs, and Droid modding that you can stand. Just when you think you've read enough, read a little bit more.

And perhaps, you should tell your Mom that you are planning to do something potentially risky with your phone, that way if she says "Fine, go ahead and do it" than you're covered if something goes wrong since you've gotten her permission. Perhaps if she knows what you're doing, she'll add TEC insurance to your line to minimize the cost impact if something DOES go wrong.

I give you alot of credit though, OP. The fact that you've backed off from the modding because you've actually considered what would happen if something went wrong shows you are mature and actually considerate. Alot of kids your age would simply be thinking "Well, if I mess it up i'll just beg Mom until she caves and gets me a new one"

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
While the OP decided to back off from rooting his phone I think he'll be back. He did the procedure more than once....in fact many times. While he did not have a backup and should have I think he did have nandroid set up. This means he could have recovered using others backups or the stock rom. It's not the backup that is as critical as the ability to recover. Secondly, getting caught up in the moment he probably spent a few minutes, prior to posting this thread, trying to boot and couldn't. Low battery or wrongly pressed buttons...panic set in. The kind that turns your stomach inside out. He'll have that memory for life and most likely apply it through out life.

We over protect our kids and shouldn't. A small fender bender can actually be a good thing as long as no one gets hurt. The world is not made up of round edges but our helmets are.

As the CPU speed goes up it will be interesting to see what happens in the weeks ahead. Is there a limit? Can we OC to 2ghz? We're almost at that 3x speed now. There are limits in life...and someone needs to test them. Nothing wrong with that as long as you know the repercussions.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Please, Enough with the bickering....

bd1212

Reaction score
I'm also only 14 and I have a Droid, too. I've loaded tons of new ROM's onto it without any hiccups or issues, but I always have my nandroid backup ready to save me in-case anything DOES in fact, go wrong.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
***closed for cleaning......***

Thread cleaned up and reopened....

Black has already warned everyone and has a full mag of .223's ready to unload on those looking to steer this thread off topic and begin bickering again.

He's quite efficient at a double tap as well.... so behave.

Thank you

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
***closed for cleaning......***

Thread cleaned up and reopened....

Black has already warned everyone and has a full mag of .223's ready to unload on those looking to steer this thread off topic and begin bickering again.

He's quite efficient at a double tap as well.... so behave.

Thank you

Lmao double tap....

I think i read from the same kid that he did brick his phone after this thread was posted. Wouldn't go passed the logo and wouldn't boot into sprecovery. Also wasn't recognized by his computer.