Embedded Flash Videos not working

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by swallman, Jun 27, 2012.

1. blake28

blake28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I don't know if I have a fix or not, but flash started working for me and boy what a difference in picture quality.

Now I'm not to sure how I got it working, but I will go through the steps I did until it started to work.

First thing, was I performed a hard reset of the phone.
    2. Then I forced stopped the flash app and then uninstalled the app. Then reinstalled the app, I did this twice.
    3. At this point, flash was still not working, so then on a whim, I went into the app drawer and clicked on the flash app and it connected to my browser and actually brought up a menu which I have never seen before, b/c in past versions u were not able to get anything when u tried to click on the flash app. So up popped an option for some sort if storage, so I clicked on it to deselect it and the selected it again.
    4. I then backed out of it and stayed in the browser and cleared the cache (stock browser) and then went into YouTube from with in the browser. And what would you know, I for the first time since being on ics had HD video!! So then I got out of the browser and went into YouTube app and also had the flash player instead of the other POS that I did have. Then I went into pulse and also was able to use flash from within the pulse site and before it would freeze up, so I'm not exactly sure what fixed it for me, but it is working now. Hopefully this will help someone else

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. Brian47

Brian47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Blake, Would you please try www.nfl.com/gamerewind and see if you can get video to play from there? You may have to click play trailer or select a game. This has been very frustrating for me. I have considered returning my phone. I just got it week and a half ago.

3. blake28

blake28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well bro, I tried to do play the trailer and it was unable to do it. Pretty much crashed my phone, to the point where it became extremely laggy and I also wasn't even able to play vids on sites that I know I can. So unfortunately, I guess I don't know y some sites actually play flash and some don't. Now u have been messing around with task managers since this morning, so I don't know if that might play into it or not.

4. blake28

blake28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So after a hard reset, I got flash back up and running on both the pulse news app and YouTube. But it crashed again when trying to play the trailer. So I really don't get y it will play on sites that it use to crash on and still crash on others. I know for a fact that it is flash working b/c of the hd quality and controls. The crappy player has BS controls and has horrible picture.

5. Brian47

Brian47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Blake,

Thanks for checking. This was working great before update. I have three days to decide whether to keep. It's extremely frustrating.

6. Brian47

Brian47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am sorry that I ever updated. I really like the phone in general.

7. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Unless you return it for an older phone that's not likely to see any major OS updates in the future, having Flash again will probably be fairly short-lived. Adobe has already dropped pretty much all support for it on Android, and has said they'll be pulling it from the Play store in August I believe. While I agree that it sucks not having it fully functioning with the ICS update, it's regrettably something that we'll all have to get used to going forward on Android.

8. Brian47

Brian47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hear that the Nexus works fine with flash. But I also hear that it has a lot of connectivity issues. I just wish that sites were further along with html5 conversion. It could take a year or longer. Seems like every site that I am interested in utilizes flash.

9. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    The Galaxy Nexus works fine with Flash now, but it's about to be updated to Jelly Bean (probably in the next month). Flash does not support Jelly Bean. So, it's like I was saying, if you want to keep Flash for the long haul, you'll need to get an older device that isn't likely to see Jelly Bean or even ICS (because, even though Flash says it's supported on ICS, it's not fully supported on all devices as is evidenced by the RAZR/MAXX ICS update).

As for connectivity on the Nexus, yeah, there are a lot of problems there. I went through four brand new ones, none of which could hold a signal or even get a signal in many situations. There's no way I'd go back to it after the MAXX. The Nexus is a great device, but it's a terrible phone. But regardless, the Jelly Bean update will probably kill Flash on it, or at the very least it will severely cripple it like it is on the RAZR/MAXX, so it's not a device those who want Flash should be considering.

#33 bsweetness, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  10. Brian47

Brian47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess the only advantage that android has over IOS is screen size and 4G at this point. I wonder how easy it is to ignore update. I really do like the razr....

11. blake28

blake28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So i went to the Adobe website and checked to c if my flash player was working or not. Actually the website picked my flash player up and gave me the version # and stated that it was working properly. Now i DL'ed older versions of flash and tested them, but none of them would get picked up on the site. The only 1 that did was the most recent version. So I'm wondering since flash for me is working on and off, if maybe the problem isn't with flash itself, but maybe it's more of a problem with ics and that some of the sites haven't been updated for ics yet. I dont know, but for me some of the time flash is working perfectly, and others, it just crashes so i dobt know.

12. ArchRider

ArchRider New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had exactly the same problems listed here and have done just about everything others have done (I wish I would have found this thread first). It did seem as though immediately after I re-installed Flash after my ICS update that embedded videos worked but it wasn't for long (maybe I'm not recalling the sequence of events correctly). That part has me particularly baffled.
    But I agree with everyone on here who liked the RAZR because of the web capabilities including Flash and now it's just another iPhone with more apps.

Search tags for this page
droid razr flash not working
droid razr flash player not working

droid razr maxx not playing videos

droid razr maxx video player not working

droid razr not playing videos

droid razr video player not working

razr maxx not playing video
video not working on android
video player not working on droid razr
videos not playing on droid razr