Embedded Flash Videos not working

ArchRider

Reaction score
I read that a day ago they found 214 leak for the Razr on cheesecake, so maybe when they update ICS for you guys embedded video will work again. Some people have said the new leak works better than the OTA ICS so Moto knows about the remaining and is trying to fix them.

I have my fingers crossed but I'm not counting on it.

blake28

Reaction score
That would be great news!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ArchRider

Reaction score
I'm still pretty new to the smart phone scene and don't know the best ways to keep up on updates. Should we just regularly check updates through "About Phone"?
Being new I also know nothing about "rooting" a phone and so far, I don't see the advantages. Could that help solve the problem?

Brian47

Reaction score
I'm still pretty new to the smart phone scene and don't know the best ways to keep up on updates. Should we just regularly check updates through "About Phone"?
Being new I also know nothing about "rooting" a phone and so far, I don't see the advantages. Could that help solve the problem?

I regularly checked for updates on phone settings. If it is there and you install, you will no longer be able to watch flash videos from websites.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can anyone give me an example of a website that uses Flash videos? I am on the ICS .214 leak ... I downloaded Adobe Flash Player again and I want to see if the videos work on my phone.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
MattyP said:
Can anyone give me an example of a website that uses Flash videos? I am on the ICS .214 leak ... I downloaded Adobe Flash Player again and I want to see if the videos work on my phone.

Could you check out "tvlinks.eu" and "letmewatchthis.com" for me? Only video sites I use, and was wondering when ICS hits my Bionic, if I'll be SOL? :) THANKS!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Could you check out "tvlinks.eu" and "letmewatchthis.com" for me? Only video sites I use, and was wondering when ICS hits my Bionic, if I'll be SOL? :) THANKS!

Neither one of those are working on mine... :angry:

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Aaaaarggh! THAT SUCKS!!! LOL.. Thanks for check'n for me!! :) Hope they fix that or I'm staying on .905 GB for sure! My "Flash" is more important to me than ICS.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Aaaaarggh! THAT SUCKS!!! LOL.. Thanks for check'n for me!! :) Hope they fix that or I'm staying on .905 GB for sure! My "Flash" is more important to me than ICS.

I don't watch movies on my phone but it kinda pisses me off it doesn't work, I'm wondering now what format news websites use for their news videos ... gonna check that out now. :angry:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't watch movies on my phone but it kinda pisses me off it doesn't work, I'm wondering now what format news websites use for their news videos ... gonna check that out now. :angry:

I don't usually watch movies on my phone, but when I do... now I make sure that they're iphone formatted... :D:p:banghead:... ouch... dang wall. .

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't usually watch movies on my phone, but when I do... now I make sure that they're iphone formatted... :D:p:banghead:... ouch... dang wall. .

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

You're allowed one a year. :p :icon_ devil:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

It may have just been those websites on my phone ... I checked on my laptop and FoxNews.com uses Flash for their news videos, and they still play on my phone. Also, my local news website uses Flash videos on their website, and the videos still play on my phone. Both from their websites and their apps.

Danny123

Reaction score
Hi folks - I joined this forum specifically due to this issue. One of the main plusses of the Maxx was that I could watch some streaming vids off Amazon Prime instant streaming. Now - no videos for my 1+ hour commute. Sorry I can't contribute to the solution, but just wanted to vent a little. By the way, ICS update also killed my speedtest app too. Related maybe? hmmm

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey, I got Amazon Prime too. Forgot all about that. And I have some movies I bought.

Now I can't see them on my phone....great.