no flash after ICS upgrade

last5liter

Reaction score
after the ICS upgrade embedded flash videos from sites like xhamster have quit? I installed the latest flash player 11 and no dice. It launches the video from firefox its just that the video is a black screen I cant see it? Any suggestions on how to fix this or will I have to wait for a flash update or ICS patch?

mthorn79

Reaction score
This was intentional, they are slowly moving everything away from flash, alot of sites are slow to phase it out and move on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
With HTML 5 getting bigger in popularity Flash is going to become obsolete. I have not tested it but they say embedded videos work in the Chrome browser for ICS.

OP
L

last5liter

Reaction score
called verizon about the flash issue, they now have me on hold to talk with motorola cause they cant explain why the flash sucks without telling me im sol......lol

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
called verizon about the flash issue, they now have me on hold to talk with motorola cause they cant explain why the flash sucks without telling me im sol......lol

Flash sucks because it is not supported by ICS anymore, there are some that still have luck with it but it does not work for all.

OP
L

last5liter

Reaction score
well motorola said its hit or miss. So now verizon is going to send me a new phone. There thought is the new phone will have ICS installed from the factory, since my phone got the update over the air, maybe it was corrupted in the process....lol who knows. My guy says the new phone will work just like the one I have.....

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would not want a factory like new replacement just for the chance Flash might work with it. Especially if you have had the phone since day one and taken good care of it, if not then I supposed a like new would be better.

Even if you get one that works for now in a later software update that will be coming since there have already been two leaked OS's, it could not work again. Adobe is going to stop updating and supporting Flash because it is being phased out.

Which is why they don't support it officially in ICS anymore, and wanting people to use their Google Chrome.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

OP
L

last5liter

Reaction score
im ok with the factory new phone. a couple weeks before the ICS update, the phone completely locked up on me (had to do the power button, volume down button together for 15 sec thing). Up to that point the phone was flawless, after that it just never seemed quite the same...... so a new phone is ok with me.

Krenzy

Reaction score
Just realize that it won't be a brand new phone, but a factory refurbished one. They don't always make that known.