Emails Stuck In Outbox

carolina.girl

Reaction score
I was forwarding about 25 quickly...14 are stuck in my outbox and will not go. I can't do anything with them because I get the message that they are in the process of sending, but they are not. I know if I delete my account and re-enter it, I will loose all of my emails. Is there anything I can do to make these go, or at least move them to trash?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was forwarding about 25 quickly...14 are stuck in my outbox and will not go. I can't do anything with them because I get the message that they are in the process of sending, but they are not. I know if I delete my account and re-enter it, I will loose all of my emails. Is there anything I can do to make these go, or at least move them to trash?

That has happened to me with several phones. I could never see them when I looked at the same account online. have you tried logging in to the account from a computer and can you see them there, in the Outbox or somewhere? The only solution I could ever find was to remove the account and re-enter it. You will lose the "unsent" mail but should not lose anything in your inbox and other folders. There might be someone else here that knows something that we don't and has a better solution.

OP
C

carolina.girl

Reaction score
I have looked, and cannot find them when logging on from my computer. It just seems to me that if I remove the account, it will remove everything. I'll keep trying to figure it out. Thanks for your help.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
there stuck on your phone, you wont find them on a pc.
this has happened to me many times, i just go to "outbox" click on the email, then at the top there is a trash can icon.
if for some reason thats not working for you, go to settings/apps/downloaded/gmail then "force stop", and "clear cache" then reboot and see if its fixed.

kac8866

Reaction score
Removing the account and then entering it will clear the issue. You will lose the unsent emails but nothing else.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I assumed you were talking about the EMail app and not GMail. This same situation happens with my Hotmail account using the EMail app about once a year. I have removed the account and reentered several times. Never lost an email except the one "stuck" in the Outbox foldrer.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

carolina.girl

Reaction score
Well, I tried.....every newbie has to learn. I don't know what I did, but I did loose all of emails. It's really not a problem - just an inconvenience. I removed the account, and then added it back. I'm sure I must have done something wrong as so many of you know how to do this, and only remove the stuck ones. Thanks to all of you for helping. ...until next time.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When you say you lost all emails, do you mean that you can't see them online either? Removing the account from your phone should not delete all emails in your Inbox and other folders.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

carolina.girl

Reaction score
I should have stated - the ones on my phone. The emails that I received and sent from my computer are still there.....anytjhing that I sent from my phone is gone.

OP
C

carolina.girl

Reaction score
I should have stated - the ones on my phone. The emails that I received and sent from my computer are still there.....anything that I sent from my phone is gone.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I should have stated - the ones on my phone. The emails that I received and sent from my computer are still there.....anytjhing that I sent from my phone is gone.

That sounds fairly normal, in my experience. Not sure why e-mails sometimes get stuck in the outbox like that, but think it has something to do with the server and not the phone (just a guess though). I have had the same 4 accounts in use in the default E Mail app on 4 different android phones and this has only ever happened to my Hotmail account (several times), never with the other 3 accounts. As long as you can still see all of the mail in your Inbox & other personal folders once you setup the account again, you should always be good to go.

OP
C

carolina.girl

Reaction score
My server is Time Warner Cable (Roadrunner). I'm thinking of using my Gmail account to see if that might help.....it's just the matter of switching addresses

KaChow

Reaction score
I don't rely on the stock Moto email app because it is inadequate. When it comes to email, I want to have the ability to not just manage all my accounts, but also have a top performing app that does not cause errors. Of course I can see an error if I have weak coverage, that results in email send/receive delay (that is service issue not an app issue), but I prefer something that is most reliable and also allows me the ability to backup my settings. I use an app called AquaMail, it is amazing and I recommend checking it out, over the stock program. But, see for yourself.