Corporate e-mail messages stuck in Outbox

majp89

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Droid Razr MAXX HD that is synced through my company via corporate sync. The e-mail is running off Exchange 2010. The account syncs up fine, and I am able to send messages as normal, but after a period of time, one message will get stuck in the outbox and then I can't send any after, as they get stuck in the outbox because the other one is too. I can't go into the message because it says that it is sending. This is the only phone on my company's network that does this, and we have about 30 Android phones currently. As of right now, the only fix is to remove the account and re-add it, but I am looking for a solution to prevent it from happening again. If anyone could help, that'd be great, thanks.

gothere

Reaction score
Had the same problem on my phone as well. The only way I could get rid of the message was to delete the mail profile and recreate it. This has happened twice for me on two different exchange servers.

McSherry

Reaction score
What finally worked for me

I had the same problem mentioned, and it usually occurs where my coverage is spotty. The only way to fix it previously was to delete and re-add the account, which of course caused my Outlook message(s) to be lost. PuIlling the battery didn't work either.

I found that I was deleting the message I was responding to before the reply message was sent, which can occur more readily in spotty service areas. If I returned the deleted message to the Inbox from the Trash, the Outbox messages would then go out, although sometimes I would have to press the refresh on the Outbox screen. I could then delete the message from my Inbox.

kipepeo

Reaction score
I just got this issue after upgrade to jelly bean. I had not deleted the original message I was replying to, so that wasn't the issue. Instead I looked in the sent items. Somehow, my message was there, and it was bolded like it was unread. I just clicked on it to mark it read, and problem solved!