email with picture attachments stuck in outbox; using exchange

robbrenl

Reaction score
I am the cell phone administrator for our company. We have Droid Razr Maxx and a few Droid 4. This particular problem is on the Droid 4, but I think it happens on all Droids. Coworker took pictures with his Droid, tried to send pictures sent to an email using Exchange. He has one picture per email. We also had this problem when we were on Droid 3. To make matters worse, he deleted the pictures as soon as he sent the emails. So besides having all these emails stuck in his outbox, we need to recover the pictures. Any thoughts?

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Might want to post your question in the Rescue Squad help forum for responses. DancingNexus

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome aboard!

Have they tried to open the emails from the outbox and save the files that were attached? Maybe try a 3rd party email / exchange app to see if the emails send quicker...good luck!

OP
R

robbrenl

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Might want to post your question in the Rescue Squad help forum for responses. DancingNexus

Since I don't know my way around this site too well, how do I get to the Rescue Squad?

grassgod

Reaction score
emails stuck in outbox with pictures attached. razr maxx 4 hd

Hello and welcome aboard!

Have they tried to open the emails from the outbox and save the files that were attached? Maybe try a 3rd party email / exchange app to see if the emails send quicker...good luck!

It will not allow me to open the emails or delete. Says they are being sent.has been 2 days now.all other emails work fine unless pictures are attached. On a corporate server as well. Keeps saying I have a communication problem. New phone. Just switched from blackberry. Thanks.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is going to help, and somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. If the picture was deleted prior to the email being sent, is it possible that the email app is looking for the file (which has been deleted). If it happens even when the picture hasn't been deleted then this isn't the cause.
If the file is in fact attached to the email, I would connect the phone to a pc and use Window's search function to try to find the picture. If a copy is attached to the email, then you know the file name. Good luck