Email vs Text message Notification

malibu3105

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable notifications for new email, but still have notifications for Text Messages.

All I could find was Sound Settings, and Notifications. Is there some where else I shoulc be?

JustisLewis

Reaction score
You can also set up notifications by application. Go to email app, hit the menu buttone, go to settings, and there will a notifications option in there. Same for messaging if you ever want to change those options individually

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

malibu3105

Reaction score
Sorry, could not find that. Under accounts/gmail account, all it has it to sync it or remove the account. No settings that I could find.

And where would I set individual notifications for text messages?

SparkleBunny

Reaction score
Open gmail, then hit the menu button (that one on the left that you probably keep forgetting is there). Select "More" then "Settings" and scroll down and un-check "Email notifications."

What do you mean by individual notifications for text messages?

OP
M

malibu3105

Reaction score
Well, I just want notifications for text messages, but not emails. I get lots of emails, like one every few minutes. so it's driving me crazy. I don't want any notifications for email. I just want to go check every now and then. But I definatelly want to know if I get a text message.

Any ideas?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Each application has the functionality to configure the notifications. Typically, you open the app, tap the menu soft key, settings, notifications and configure as desired. You can add a ringtone to an individual contact as well. Open contacts, tap the contact, tap menu, tap options, tap ringtone.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
M

malibu3105

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to open the text message app, it's built into the droid. and same for email. The only option I could find was to add or remove gmail account.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same process just select silent from the options.

Mike

OP
M

malibu3105

Reaction score
Ok. Got it. I opened the GMail app and was able to find the notifications there. Thank you all for your help. I'll eventually get this!!! :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes you will! If you need help we'll be here.

Mike