Email sync issue

erict

Reaction score
I use the yahoo app that is on the phone in accounts. I have checked all settings and also sync is turned on. I have had my X for two months and yahoo was syncing just fine until yesterday. I now have to sync manually. Does anyone have a clue what has happened? I have added or deleted nothing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
The stock email app sucks. I've had my phone 3 months n had to setup my yahoo 4 times. Easy fix:

Download yahoo mail.

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
I did try that the first week I had my phone and it would not sync very good. I would really like to know what caused mine to just stop automatically syncing? It was working just fine and then bam.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
That's wat mine kept doin. Somethin kept changin in my settings. If u go to ur accounts page, and edit the yahoo account. Go look thru ur settings and just make sure everything is still right. Somethin always used to get offset in mine.

Also check ur sync status on ur power control bar (widget). Everything works right either on or off. But if off a few apps I have to sync manually. If on I never have a problem.

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
That's wat mine kept doin. Somethin kept changin in my settings. If u go to ur accounts page, and edit the yahoo account. Go look thru ur settings and just make sure everything is still right. Somethin always used to get offset in mine.

Also check ur sync status on ur power control bar (widget). Everything works right either on or off. But if off a few apps I have to sync manually. If on I never have a problem.

>> velocity 0.3 >running turbo4

The first thing I did was check all my settings and they are unchanged. My sync is lite green as well.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
I just powered off my phone and then back on and my email syncs fine now.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Usually when u turn off then on it can help. But don't b sure it fixed ur problem. When u turn it back on and everythint loads it auto syncs everything

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

jlag

Reaction score
I am having the same issue now with an IMAP account using the email application.

Noticed yesterday, items I have been deleting in the email application are not being deleted on the server. This has been working since I purchased the phone in November, now not working.

Strange how there is no 'delete mail on server' setting in the application as there is in some other email applications. Maybe people complained that this was happening and they changed it to not delete? I have not updated the email application, so this is doubtful unless they have some fancy sniffer upstream or something.

Irgig

Reaction score
I had to do a battery pull on my yesterday to get it working with email again. It refused to send and would not sync except when I did a manual sync. I went to power off and back on and it hung at the Motorola symbol when booting up. I pulled the battery and everything is happy again. This is the 3rd time I've had to do this in 3 months.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I found that either powering down or just waiting is the best we can do for the moment.
It does eventually get to my inbox.

SpectrumBand

Reaction score
Two similar topics for this thread:

1) e-mail sync between Droid X and a POP3 server
2) Deleting e-mail on the server via the phone

Done a lot of reading and made some changes but still doesn't sync without me opening the mail app and doing a "refresh" to initiate a manual sync. Had a Blackberry Storm that worked great with my Earthlink POP3 account. Willing to pay for an app if it would solve this problem but hoping there's a simple fix. So far I've:

Enabled the data push in the mail app
Set the fetch schedule to 15 minutes (wish there was a shorter interval)
Set the power to the "Performance Mode"

I've had the phone for two days and I think it used to work and can't think of anything I've done to interrupt the sync operation.

Any advice greatly appreciated before I trade this for another Blackberry. Really like this phone but e-mail is a deal killer for me since I use it as a tool rather than a toy.

Also, my BB would allow me to delete mail from the phone in two modes:

1) Delete from phone only
2) Delete from phone and the POP3 server

The Droid will only delete from the phone as far as I can tell. I liked the capability of deleting mail from the server since I would delete spam via the phone so that when I get home and download to PC via Outlook 2010 I don't have to deal with the spam. Any suggestions on that topic?

Thanks in advance.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
Two similar topics for this thread:

1) e-mail sync between Droid X and a POP3 server
2) Deleting e-mail on the server via the phone

Done a lot of reading and made some changes but still doesn't sync without me opening the mail app and doing a "refresh" to initiate a manual sync. Had a Blackberry Storm that worked great with my Earthlink POP3 account. Willing to pay for an app if it would solve this problem but hoping there's a simple fix. So far I've:

Enabled the data push in the mail app
Set the fetch schedule to 15 minutes (wish there was a shorter interval)
Set the power to the "Performance Mode"

I've had the phone for two days and I think it used to work and can't think of anything I've done to interrupt the sync operation.

Any advice greatly appreciated before I trade this for another Blackberry. Really like this phone but e-mail is a deal killer for me since I use it as a tool rather than a toy.

Also, my BB would allow me to delete mail from the phone in two modes:

1) Delete from phone only
2) Delete from phone and the POP3 server

The Droid will only delete from the phone as far as I can tell. I liked the capability of deleting mail from the server since I would delete spam via the phone so that when I get home and download to PC via Outlook 2010 I don't have to deal with the spam. Any suggestions on that topic?

Thanks in advance.

I know it's aggravating to say the least. I too had the sync issues and ever since I went into my Yahoo account and set it up to forward my mail to my Gmail account it has been working flawlessly. Love the phone but never thought I would have such issues with getting my emails. Being a Goggle phone I guess it loves Gmail:)