3rd Droid X Email problems

Slappy11

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd droid X. Love the phone but keep having problems. In the past I set up my yahoo email accounts with no problem. This time I set them up and I can recieve emails but cant send them. I have to manually check to recieve. I don't have sync over wifi on and I have fetch set up for every hour.

Is there a trick that I need to set up these yahoo email accounts?

erict

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd droid X. Love the phone but keep having problems. In the past I set up my yahoo email accounts with no problem. This time I set them up and I can receive emails but cant send them. I have to manually check to receive. I don't have sync over wifi on and I have fetch set up for every hour.

Is there a trick that I need to set up these yahoo email accounts?

Put the power widget on your home screen and make sure the sync is lit up green. I too had issues with my Yahoo mail and tried all the mail apps with no luck as they would just stop automatically syncing and got tired of doing in manually. I was also not able to send emails through my Yahoo account and found out I needed to transfer(merge) all my contacts in Yahoo to gmail. I also ended up forwarding my Yahoo mail to my gmail and has worked flawlessly ever since. Here is my thread on it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ons/114409-getting-yahoo-mail-work-gmail.html

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. So much for having a "Smart Phone".

erict

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. So much for having a "Smart Phone".

I love the X but have to agree I didn't think I would have such an issue with something as simple as email. But am very happy ever since I went into my Yahoo mail and set it up to forward everything to my gmail account. I am now much happier with gmail and the way it filters everything unlike Yahoo. I get instant notification of emails now:icon_ banana:

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
I have five yahoo accounts. If I set up with gmail can I still send from each yahoo account?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Instead of bashing one of the best phones out there can I make a suggestion? May work, may not.

Go to settings/applications/manage applications and hit the "all" tab. Then scroll down Email, open and clear data/cache. Like I said may work, may not. Worked for my Gmail.

Good luck:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
I don't mean to rain on everyone with DX problems...
From the day I got my X, with multiple flashed ROMs, dropped twice....i have never encountered any problems...
I'm just simply stating that not every DX has it's problems...
..our maybe its the opetator..=)

Swyped from my DX cuz I'm kool lyke that...

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
Instead of bashing one of the best phones out there can I make a suggestion? May work, may not.

Go to settings/applications/manage applications and hit the "all" tab. Then scroll down Email, open and clear data/cache. Like I said may work, may not. Worked for my Gmail.

Good luck:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Believe me I am not bashing the phone. I have had some problems with my phones 1st one did not work out of the box. 2nd had a problem charging (hardware issue). And now the email problem with this one. I tried to clear the data/cache and it did nothing. today I decided to delete all of my accounts on the phone and set them up again. After deleting I pulled the battery and then went in and set the accounts up one by one. After each time I set up the account I did a battery pull. My emails are all working fine now with no problem. They are updating and I am able to send emails. I have learned that these phones can act funny. I am not sure if the battery pull had anything to do with fixing my problem but I know it did not hurt. Wish I knew what the problem was with the emails before deleting them all it seems like this is a wide spread problem with this phone.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
@Slappy. In on my third DX. Mostly due to Verizon and their worthless updates. So I know what its like also. I did resolve my issue with email with the suggestion I gave you. But wasn't sure if you had tried it. Im still not big on the way the email works on this. But I do consider it a "smart phone" :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
after working for 1 day my phone is back to not receiving emails unless I manually retrieve them. I have no idea why this is such a problem but it is getting to be very annoying

trentphipps

Reaction score
Sounds like to need to verify all of your settings with all the e-mail accounts. All it takes is one thing to mess it all up. I forward my hotmail to gmail with no issues. I can select new messages to use that email address or my gmail.i have been doing this since my droid 1 now i have the X and no issues. Look deep im sure the phone isnt the problem

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

selex

Reaction score
Have you made sure that Pop3 or Imap is set up correctly in Yahoo for receiving the emails and SMTP is correct for sending the emails from the phone?

If its set for Pop3 change it over to Imap. Imap is a little more stable but when you delete something from your phone it deletes it from the server. If you forward the emails to the Gmail account it gets tricky emailing from those individual accounts then.

Are you using the standard email app or the Yahoo app?

Selex

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
I am using the standard yahoo app. Can you give directions on setting up these for imap

erict

Reaction score
I am using the standard yahoo app. Can you give directions on setting up these for imap

I would consider setting up your Yahoo e-mail to forward to your Goggle account like I stated in my first post. It has worked flawlessly ever since I have done this.

trentphipps

Reaction score
Just go into gmail on the computer somewhere under settings is mail forwarding and stuff like that. You can put in your yahoo address and password and set the frequency to check and walahhhh there you go! U will have email from your yahoo show up in your gmail inbox. It will be labeled with [email protected]

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk