Email Outlook Calender

still11

Reaction score
Good Morning all,
new to the Droid world. i have always had Blackberrys that have really made life easy with sending meeting reminders and schedule info from my outlook to my phone. I have a POP3 account and really want to have this done on my Moto Droid. I didnt know if anyone out there knew how to make this happen.

right now if a meeting invite is sent to me in outlook i cant open the attachment and it wont put the meeting date, time, info into my corp Calender.

Any suggestions or help would be greatlyu appreciated!

Thank in advance from this newbie!

griz8791

Reaction score
Still, my firm doesn't use Exchange so I can't help you with the Corporate Calendar. I thought I'd tell you about the following workaround in case it has elements you can use with your setup.

One secretary in my company maintains the main Outlook calendar. Anytime she creates a new calendar event involving me, she "invites" me to it using both my POP3 address and the new gmail account I had to set up to get email on the Droid. My Outlook account and my gmail account are both set up to automatically accept such invitations. So the email that comes into my Outlook inbox puts the event on my Outlook calendar, and the one that comes into my gmail inbox puts the event on my Google calendar, which then auto-syncs wirelessly with the Droid.

In other words, I am dual-calendaring everything instead of syncing it.

There is, however, a sync option. A $50 program called CompanionLink will sink your Outlook info with the Droid. For the time being, I'm scraping by without that program. Supposedly you can direct-sync the desktop version of the Google calendar with the desktop version of your Outlook info, but unfortunately I am using the 2010 beta of Outlook, which Google doesn't support.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a POP3 account and really want to have this done on my Moto Droid. I didnt know if anyone out there knew how to make this happen.

right now if a meeting invite is sent to me in outlook i cant open the attachment and it wont put the meeting date, time, info into my corp Calender.
If you have a POP account then meeting invites aren't going to go into your Corporate Calendar. The Corporate Calendar, as I understand it, is for Exchange accounts.

So Outlook won't allow you to accept meeting invites? I'm not sure if the Droid can do this for you or not but you'd probably want a sync solution to get the meeting invite from the Droid back to Outlook. There are a few threads with info on syncing with Outlook.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use Touchdown for Exchange... Has all the functionality that exchange offers.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have complete integration of my outlook calendar and my droid through the gmail calendar. The synchronization works both ways. If I add an event to my outlook calendar on my pc (or have one added by a coworker) it goes to my gmail calendar and can be accessed on my droid. If I add an event either online in my gmail calendar or through my droid, it goes to my outlook calendar.

This is all accomplished by using the Google Calenday two-way synch functionality. Take a look at Google Calendar and I'm sure you can figure it out.