Can't read meeting invites on Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Hershy, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Hershy

Hershy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did not find an answer to my query in my searches in this forum (although did find many older threads on similar topics). Whenever I receive a meeting invite, in either google mail or my pop3 mail account, I am unable to read the details of the meeting. I am unable to view the date and time of the meeting request, and unless I search my calendar on my Droid, normally have to wait until I can read those invites on my PC. For my pop3 mail account, there is also an attachment which I am unable to open (assume it is the actual invite). For gmail, there is no attachment, but I do have 3 options to choose from (reply, reply to all, and forward).

I know there have been many discussions on the limitations of calendar invites, but is there at least a way to view the date and time of the actual meeting? Am I missing a setting someplace? I am just using the mail applications that came on the Droid. Thanks for any input/suggestions.

2. Bill M

Bill M Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem. I can't open .ICS files with gmail app or gmail web on the droid.

I sent a friend a calendar it it was CC'd to me but I can't open it. It doesn't make sense that google calendar doesn't work with gmail on a google operating system.

If anyone finds a solution I would be grateful.

3. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid Doesn't?

4. Robslaw

Robslaw Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has there been a resolution to this? I am having the exact same issue and its annoying to say the least.

Is there a plug in?

5. REMilk

REMilk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I use Touchdown for access to MS Exchange Server. I have no problem accepting calendar invitations and seeing the details.

6. jlegato

jlegato New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ICS Bot app

I downloaded ICS Bot and I can at least import the date and time of the meeting now (forwarded from Lotus Notes). It doesn't show location or invitees though.

7. tremma01

tremma01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Calendar invitations for the Motorola Driod2 and Driodx

I personally have had this problem since getting the Driod, only for those invitations sent from a Pop3 or IMAP account. I use Corporate Sync for my corporate e-mail, and I cannot "see" the icon for a meeting invitation as an attachment or ICS icon in the Pop3 or IMAP Messages. I downloaded Touchdown to try this option as a means of recieving e-mails and calendar, and it does in fact read the meeting requests, however, now I have TWO darn e-mail softwares recieving my mail!!

1) why can;'t Driod do this natively in their software, as it was represented to me that version 2.2 fixed this problem
    2) if we have to use a third party tool, how do we stop getting the messages through "corporate synch" application, do I simply delete the account?
    3) third party application cost money after 30 days, so now Driod is defficient against the iPod as the native application cannot support Pop3 invitations- this seems to not only be a huge issue, but false advertising in the Verzion wireless stores.

Anyone have anything to add on this? I am trying to return my phone as this application is not working as reported when I first bought it.

Search tags for this page
android email can't see meeting invite date
android mail does not show calendar meeting
android meeting requests cant see date time
cannot see meeting details on samsung

cant view meeting requests in outlook on my samsung galaxy

droid dna cant see meeting invites on mail messages

motorola droid 4 cannot see location and when on calendar in

outlook invites on android
s4 mail app calendar invite can't see time details
samsung galaxy s4 meetingrequest.ics calendar