Exchange: Meeting invites show up as emails, not invites

mapexvenus

Reaction score
When someone sends me a meeting invite on my Exchange account, it shows up as an email not an invite i.e. I do not have an option to 'accept'. Is this a known problem?

jjprusk

Reaction score
.ics invites

The email client doesn't seem to recognize .ics invites (they're not specific to M$ Exchange...). I have the same problem and was wondering if there was a setting somewhere? Maybe the email client has to be told what calendar program to ship the invites to?

chillhouse

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem and have looked through this forum until I'm cross eyed. I'm thinking of going to a BlackBerry just because of this because all my business partners send me the invites and I can't respond, and the event doesn't get on the calendar, it's extremely frustrating!!
Anyone with a solution?

Droids

Reaction score
Been awhile now, but I seem to remember discussions about this. I think you have to open your corporate calendar app and go to the date of the meeting to accept it. Clumsy, but that's all we got for now.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...or try another Exchange client. Touchdown allows you to respond via the request itself. Can't speak for the other options out there.

Reaction score
Touchdown works, but it's 20 bucks. The only other solution, as mentioned previously, is to go into your calendar, find the meeting, click on it, and then accept or decline. Very annoying. Meetings that are very far out or on my busy days can be hard to find. I had hoped this would be fixed with 2.1. I was mistaken. This really, really, really sucks. All the other phones can do this. In this case, Droid doesn't.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Touchdown works, but it's 20 bucks. The only other solution, as mentioned previously, is to go into your calendar, find the meeting, click on it, and then accept or decline. Very annoying. Meetings that are very far out or on my busy days can be hard to find. I had hoped this would be fixed with 2.1. I was mistaken. This really, really, really sucks. All the other phones can do this. In this case, Droid doesn't.

Well, I'm not sure "all other phones can do this." It's certainly the case that Windows Mobile phones can. But that, after all, is to be expected. Or one can shift to a Blackberry where the entire platform is devoted to working well with Microsoft applications that RIM doesn't offer. And the Droid can handle all sorts of complexities if everyone in a firm simply switches to the Google Access suite of enterprise applications.

It's hardly surprising that both Microsoft and Google encourage users to stick with their respective application suites.

In view of all this, $20 is hardly an unreasonable sum to bridge the gap between the two.