1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Email on Motorola Droid

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by john, Dec 5, 2009.

1. john

john New Member

For some reason my Droid deletes all of my inbox after a day or so. Is there any way to stop this or to find the old emails?
  2. Maxbender

Maxbender New Member

Are you deleting them off your main account? In a POP or IMAP set up, if you delete them off your main account (or remove them from your inbox) then when your phone syncs up your emails will be removed - at least I am experiencing that with a Comcast email account. I think this is good because deleting them on the Droid is cumbersome.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Are they being deleted or just not showing on the phone?

I have mine set to keep the last 30 days.....
  4. john

john New Member

No I haven't deleted them. I have a full inbox on my phone and it randomly just clears my inbox. I had this problem before and ordered another droid.
  5. kmcscott

kmcscott New Member

I'm having the same problem. I'm used to my Storm keeping emails until I delete them *on the phone*, so I would sometimes save Redbox codes or the like, but now I open up my email (non-google) and I will watch as it deletes my inbox. I have even gone to click one and and it will have deleted it before I can see it. UGH!
  6. wildrage

wildrage New Member

Yeah, unlike a Blackberry, or Windows Mobile device, I think that the droid mail prog doesn't keep the headers / messages saved locally on the phone. You have to refresh it sometimes to see them...annoying.