email not working correctly

lreynolds

Reaction score
I set up my email (not Google or gmail) but only a few emails come through, not all of them. Why is this and how do I fix it?

OP
L

lreynolds

Reaction score
email

I don't know if its even an app - I just go to settings, accounts, then click on my email account.

illmatic636

Reaction score
There are reports out that Launcher pro could be the culprit. Do you have launcher pro installed?
also, uninstall any taskillers you may have in your market downloads. Once uninstalled reboot. you should be good to go from there.

OP
L

lreynolds

Reaction score
email

I don't know if I do or not. I didn't install it but maybe it came with the phone?

illmatic636

Reaction score
I don't know if I do or not. I didn't install it but maybe it came with the phone?

They may have preinstalled a task manager on your DX. Go into your market, then go to downloads. If you see a Taskiller app in your downloads uninstall it.

OP
L

lreynolds

Reaction score
email

Sorry, didn't see the rest of your post. What is a taskiller? I'm really a newbie to Droid.

OP
L

lreynolds

Reaction score
I couldn't get to downloaded apps thru the Market icon. But I could by clicking Settings, Applications. I didn't see anything called Taskiller or with Taskiller within the name.

razorloves

Reaction score
by default it's setup to only get the last 3 days of email. if you open your email and go to settings you can change it.

OP
L

lreynolds

Reaction score
email

That's not the problem. I get 30 or more emails per day with my work. Only about 5 or 6 are coming thru.