email was set up and working then randomly unable to connect

deshi

Reaction score
i have a gmail account that was successfully set up and working, then it randomly wouldn't update any email then i got multiple errors. first it said it was unable to connect to gmail, then it said my email/password was incorrect even after it was set up and working, and i know they are correct. i searched the other forums and none of the other answers given worked for my, i tried both POP and IMAP, neither work, i tried deleting the account and resetting it up, which did not work. please help! i need to have email on my phone, and no one can seem to get it working right.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have a gmail account that was successfully set up and working, then it randomly wouldn't update any email then i got multiple errors. first it said it was unable to connect to gmail, then it said my email/password was incorrect even after it was set up and working, and i know they are correct. i searched the other forums and none of the other answers given worked for my, i tried both POP and IMAP, neither work, i tried deleting the account and resetting it up, which did not work. please help! i need to have email on my phone, and no one can seem to get it working right.

This is just a gmail account correct? Because you mentioned pop and imap and that wouldn't apply to a regular gmail account.

Now if your mail is being forwarded to gmail, that's a different story.

If it's a gmail account first thing I would do is change the pw using a computer on line. Your phone should immediately give you a message saying it can't connect. Enter the new password into the phone. See if that doesn't clear it up.

Now if it's another email that you're forwarding to gmail, that's a different story. Get back to us.

OP
D

deshi

Reaction score
yes it is just a normal gmail account. i deleted the account off my phone and tried to set it up again but it failed so my phone didn't give me any can't connect message, but i did change the password and tried to set up the account again to no avail.

Reaction score
I take that back, if you changed the password yourself you weren't hacked... but it seems your only option at this rate would be to make another account. :/