Email in one account?

Weapondrift

Reaction score
I am currently using 3 emails...is there a way that I can merge all of my emails to one account so that when I check my emails I only see one list?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am currently using 3 emails...is there a way that I can merge all of my emails to one account so that when I check my emails I only see one list?

It has to be set up in gmail. I don't have directions for the Incredible but the set up for gmail should be the same as the moto droid.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

Check out this link, review your settings and see if this helps. All my mail comes out of gmail this way.

buxtor

Reaction score
need combined email inbox...

:iphone:
frankly, that's crap. someone needs to design an ap where you combine all your email feed into one inbox. just switched from the Storm and sorry ass RIM had one. with the notariety this phone has gotten in just a few days, surely it rates an ap where you don't have to surf through four screens just to check your inbox.

nightfishing

Reaction score
frankly, that's crap. someone needs to design an ap where you combine all your email feed into one inbox. just switched from the Storm and sorry ass RIM had one. with the notariety this phone has gotten in just a few days, surely it rates an ap where you don't have to surf through four screens just to check your inbox.

k-9 offers an integrated inbox.

K-9 Mail - Android app on AppBrain

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you have notifications for more than one account, all you have to do is pull down the notification bar on the Droid (it may be the same on the Indredible?) and click on the notification that will say something like '2 new emails in 2 accounts' - or something like that and it will show you a combined Inbox. Not sure if that helps...

Mark_Venture

Reaction score
If you have notifications for more than one account, all you have to do is pull down the notification bar on the Droid (it may be the same on the Indredible?) and click on the notification that will say something like '2 new emails in 2 accounts' - or something like that and it will show you a combined Inbox. Not sure if that helps...
On my Moto Droid, with 3 gmail accounts, I only saw ONE notification for all 3 Gmail accounts... i.e. only the latest Gmail account to receive email was in the notification pull down, even if all 3 had received emails.

I haven't setup the incredible with Gmail for mail yet, I'm using Exchange Active Sync for my Gmail accounts instead... So I can't say if the incredible works the same.

Still, if all 3 accounts received email, even clicking on the notification, i have to switch between all 3 inboxes.. to see all the new emails.

I think buxtor meant. i.e should be a way to NOT have to do that. There should be an option to go to one inbox to see ALL emails and one time, and not have to "switch accounts"

At risk of being called a BB Fan Boy... Handling of multiple email and message accounts is one thing RIM is better at than Android.... On a BB, you can have ALL email and messages (including SMS, MMS, Gtalk, BBM, etc), FB notifications, all show in a single combined inbox, with an "Unread" indicator and counter. You also have the option to have individual/separated inboxes for each account, each with its own Icon and unread indicator. While they are still working on two way Gmail sync of read/unread, RIM has Reply/Reply All/Forward on the menu in each gmail/email inbox, and when reading a message... To me that is an essential feature yet Android doesn't have that on the menu for Gmail accounts, you have to scroll to the bottom of each email conversation if you want to. Yes, Android does have it as soft buttons and on the menu for Exchange active sync accounts (which is why I setup my Gmail accounts this way on my Incredible). These are things that kept me going back to blackberry after getting the Moto Droid, Moto Devour, and is probably going to have me going back even after using the Incredible...

I will have to give K9 a try, and see if it addresses any of my email woes on Android.

Last edited:

grit

Reaction score

I am in the SAME boat. I just asked this question accidentally in a generic android forum on this site. It turns out that the generic Google Android OS *CAN* do this. However, the option does not exist (that I can find at least) on the Android OS with the HTC Sense "upgrade". I sincerely hope they fix that.

And one other small thing, could you guys (HTC) PLEASE add a voice dial key on the PHONE keypad somewhere? I have to open a special app to use voice dialing! If I wanna voice dial, its USUALLY from the dial pad. Please? For those of us who are TRYING to abide by the "hands free" stuff and drive safely.

A

anonydroid

Combined inbox is a feature of “K-9 Mail” which is a third-party mail application. You may need the beta version to get this feature, because currently the one in the Android Market is an older version that does not yet have it. So if you want try out the latest “K-9 Mail” beta with combined inbox, you can follow these steps:

1. Enable non-market applications: Settings > Applications > Check “Unknown Sources”
2. Download the latest K-9 Mail beta (v2706 as of this evening): Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code
3. Add all your accounts to K-9 Mail.
4. Click “Integrated Inbox” to see all your email combined in one screen.

Use the beta carefully, as it has not been thoroughly tested for public release.