Email Help!!

mjodzio

Reaction score
I'm using the stock program, and I received an email with pictures. Everytime I try to forward it, the pistures/attachments don't go? I'm unable to save the pictures too. I can't press on the photo and save it like I can with Handcent? Can someone tell me what to do?

Coosa Droid

Reaction score
I am having trouble with the email as well. Cannot save attatched pictures, and embedded pictures just show place holders. Does yours show pictures in the body?

lspiros

Reaction score
attachments

You can not forward or save files and attachments in the email client mode. You could use the wen which takes much longer . The service is incapable of acting like most smart phones. Lots fo features but a bummer for business accounts.

Coosa Droid

Reaction score
I did some more research, seems this is a bug, it used to work for people in Android 1.5, so hopefully a fix is comming.

Odd though it will show pictures in an HTML advertisement like a Tigerdirect.com e-mail.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

droider4life

Reaction score
The only way I have found is to go to ur email account through the browser. Like yahoo or Gmail and through the browser u can save ur photos, sounds, etc.... hope this helps..

lspiros

Reaction score
the browser does work so time consuming

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The best advice is simply to abandon the stock "email" app on the Droid. You can use the "gmail" app (if you forward your email to your google gmail account), purchase an email client such as Touchdown (if working with Outlook and/or Exchange is important to you) or download the free K-9 email client.

I use both gmail and K-9. Each has benefits.

slipmahoney65

Reaction score
how do you set up yahoo email on motorola droid and htc eris? i have followed all the online instructions but it keeps saying username/password incorrect. i have entered it several times and it IS the correct username/password

hiho322

Reaction score
If you're upgraded to the latest OS, you can DEF use yahoo email on your Droid, whether the paid version or the freebie email. I'm not sure how to do it, but if you go to the Verizon store and talk to someone knowledgeable (stressing the fact that the upgraded OS allows it now), they'll be able to set it up for you, as they did me, just a couple of days ago.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is what almost everyone who uses Yahoo has used to set it up with 2.1:

Yahoo Email Set UP 2.1
The interesting thing is that if you just supply your ID and password the following settings are used with 2.1:

Incoming
IMAP server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 993
Security type: SSL

Outgoing
SMTP server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 465
Security type: SSL
Require sign-in

Hope that helps!

lspiros

Reaction score
email forwarding of attachments

I tried the dealer and mention the new OS and they said that attachments stil;l will not work yet?

lspiros

Reaction score
email

How do I delete the old yahoo setting that I have . Configured POP before..

lspiros

Reaction score
client email attachment forwarding

Set up the Yahoo email client with the new settings for 2.1 and it still will not save or forward email attachments.