Email Help!!

mtpacker

Reaction score
Central California near Yosemite Nat'l Park
It seems you have 2 troubles, one is with the smtp server and the other with saving attachements. Let's look at the second first, I am using Gmail and have no trouble saving attachments however it does take a bit of work. First I open the e-mail and preview the attachment, you will usually be asked what program you wish to use to view it. I use Word to Go, when it is open, open the menu and select File, then flick up to Save or Save As. Once saved you can create a new e-mail and attach the file. A bit of a work around but then again it isn't a workstation or laptop. As far as the SMTP, are you having trouble retrieving or sending e-mail from your third party SP? Verizon closed down their SMTP Relay Server last August leaving a lot of us in the dark. I did find AuthSMTP, who act as the relay server and all is gold in the Land of Oz once more. To change the incoming and outgoing server options, just open e-mail and hold your finger on the account you wish to change, go to incoming or outgoing server settings and have fun. Good Luck

lspiros

Reaction score
attachment forwarding

Not speaking of web based mail servers. The client server on the Droid.