Droid cannot open .eml, .htm, and .wmv attach-also no save ability

ndolaw

Reaction score
The fix for opening regular attachments worked. I notice that the device is still unable to open .eml, .htm, and .wmv attachments. It also only gives you the option to save an attachment if its a picture/image file. You only get "Open" option on other attchments. A lot of forwarded emails from mobile phones and web mail come as .eml or .htm attachments. This is a real problem that it cant open these for business users. Anyone face this or have a solution.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
The fix for opening regular attachments worked. I notice that the device is still unable to open .eml, .htm, and .wmv attachments. It also only gives you the option to save an attachment if its a picture/image file. You only get "Open" option on other attchments. A lot of forwarded emails from mobile phones and web mail come as .eml or .htm attachments. This is a real problem that it cant open these for business users. Anyone face this or have a solution.

I'm not sure how your accessing the email feature, but here are some suggestions.

1. Forward other emails to go to your gmail account.

2. Use the browser to access the website interface of gmail, and use the site's features that allow you to view the files on a webpage (usually u can convert pdf etc to html which opens like an ormal page)...

I do this on the computer a lot when I don't feel like downloading the attachment to my computer.

.htm files are webpage files, so im sure that should have no problem at all, if opened through the phone's web browser.

If that isn't good enough, I suppose you will need to wait for an app. I heard something about Documents to Go, but its a paid app. You might want to look into trying that out as a last resort, or if you don't mind payin the 30 bucks for it.

Last edited: