Email and text messaging questions

km75

Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to make sure I get my email notifications in a more timely manner. It seems like there is quite a delay between me receiving them and being notified. Secondly when I get a multimedia text message the majority of the time it shows it but it will immediately go the next part. Long story short if I get a fwd. that has words it goes through it so quick that I can't read it in its entirety. I've used hancent and I don't experience this problem but for some reason hancent always gives me double texts so I don't like using it. Ps. I hope I posted this question n the right location.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
Not sure.
As soon as I get my email I get the light and the sound or vibration depending on how it's set at the time.

I use gmail, but it was the same when I used the regular email client.

As far as the MMS depending on who or how the pics are being sent they show up as a slide show, you'll have to pause it to read the text, I believe.

Handcent never duplicates my text. Are you talking about the actual text or the notifications?

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
I'm talking about the actual text. In regards to the email I use yahoo the most but recently I havnt even been receiving notifications for my gmail account either. I use both the fetch system set to fetch every 15 minutes as well as the auto sync and that doesn't seem to resolve the issue either. Just out of curiousity what are ur settings at? Do you use both like I do?

Lumpdog

Reaction score
I am also having the same issues, with MSN email and Gmail. I have to manually refresh most of the time.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
I am also having the same issues, with MSN email and Gmail. I have to manually refresh most of the time.

I've looked on here yesterday and I have seen a lot of other individuals are having this problem as well.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best way to have your mail forwarded is to do it isn the setup of your gmail on line. However if you don't get a lot of mail there you will see gmail fetching less frequently.

I hear a lot of good stuff about both touchdown and K9. I have no experience with it but you may want to give it a try and see if that helps. Since I use Gmail almost exclusively I never have this issue. Truly the best way to fix this is to get everything directly from Gmail. I understand for many that is not possible.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
I guess from now on I will start supplying my gmail account versus my yahoo account when asked for my email address. Thanx for the reply.

KimNAlex

Reaction score
1. How can I save a pic that was sent to me via text? I have only had my DG2 for about a month now and can't figure this out!
2. Can a signature be set? I have yet to find this option and by reading I realize that initially this could not be done. Just wondering if anyone has found and app or a way to do it.

TIA for the help!!
KimNAlex

Reaction score
1. Long press on the photo, then choose save. That easy.

2. Yes, download handcent sms, you can set a signature and do other fun stuff you can't with the stock app.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
1. How can I save a pic that was sent to me via text? I have only had my DG2 for about a month now and can't figure this out!
2. Can a signature be set? I have yet to find this option and by reading I realize that initially this could not be done. Just wondering if anyone has found and app or a way to do it.

TIA for the help!!
KimNAlex

Yup all you have to do is long press on the photo and it will give you the option to save it. You can download handcent which is an excellent app. But its not necessary since the stock messaging system has this feature available as well. Click on the icon for texting. Hit the settings button which is the icon with the four squares all the way to the left on the phone. You will see settings options and if you go down you will see the options to use a signature and right below that will be another option that will let you imput said signature